Author: wujunqing

does our country should ban death penalty [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-16 15:36:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-16 15:37:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2008-1-16 14:51

Oh no, you can't do that! The West will call it slave labour and an abuse of human rights!

The West is not always right, and i think a suitable quantity of working is reasonable,just like the relation between employee and employer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-16 15:38:54 |Display all floors
to: huang262
    The West is not always right, and i think a suitable quantity of working is reasonable,just like the relation between employee and employer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-16 15:55:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-1-16 14:25
The death penalty is simply inhumane and even one innocent man not sent to his death is worth every penny spent on prisons. Of course, I think that the objectors are not Chinese... they act as thou ...

I think that the objectors are not Chinese,i can't agree about this sentence, it totally has no business of which country are you from..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 09:31:50 |Display all floors

The Ultimate Deterence

In 2006 China only had to carry out about 1,000 capital punishment.  Each and everyone of them were performed pursuant to due process, after all available appeals were exhausted.  The criminals were found to have forfeit their right to life, because of serious crimes against their fellow citizens.

Not to carry out those sentences would be unfair, to every law abiding citizens of the nation.  Criminals do not have more rights than their victims.

Besides, there is no deterence more effective and final than capital punishment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 10:00:30 |Display all floors
My country stopped Capital Punishment back in the 60s. I'm only for it if guilt is beyond reasonable doubt. If there's even 0.5% chance of innocence, then I'm against it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-17 10:48:02 |Display all floors
Tong, are you talking about deterrence for that one criminal, or for potential criminals at large? Because it's been shown that the presence of the death penalty does not actually deter people from committing crimes--otherwise Texas would have no criminals at all, and neither would China!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.