Author: tradervic

Chinese and Weapons [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-7 11:44:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 13:21:36 |Display all floors

Personal Firearms in China

I am german, lived in america for 25 years and now live in China. I personaly think that personal firearms would be a bad choice for the chinese people. Whatever they would solve, in possibly providing some people with personal protection, they would also create problems, with ready access to these firearms by not so nice people. Currently when you are held up in china, it is ussualy some hand weapon, such as a knife, or a group of people. Sure, you could defend yourself with a gun against such situations, but if you have access to a gun, they they too have it. And now you would be held up by gun and or a group of people with guns. So overall you would gain nothing other then a simpler way to kill.

In actuality, america is not the country with the most guns per person, I think switzerland holds that. Almost every person in Switzerland has a military firearm in their home, to serve in case the country gets invaded.
In all my 25 years in america I have never witnessed a crime initiated by gun, I owned myself several firearms, but they where more for bragging then anything else. I think the guns work for america, because they grew into it, slowly and over time. Giving citizens that never owned guns access to them is probl not a good idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 19:46:12 |Display all floors
trader man :  is this a ' slow business day ' ? These posters rallying the call to defend Indo-China against the warmongers called the Yankees is priceless as antiques but its relevance today is so tenuous as to be laughable , but then you have always had the talent for superficiality and clowning around.

tong is right of course , and thus the regulation personal attacks from the Hollywood mob . The USA is the world's foremost instigator , perpetrator and supporter of wars, insurgencies and invasions for the past  half century . To stab the messenger is not the way to deal with this inconvenient truth .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-9 00:36:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-1-8 19:46
tong is right of course , and thus the regulation personal attacks from the Hollywood mob . The USA is the world's foremost instigator , perpetrator and supporter of wars, insurgencies and invasions for the past  half century . To stab the messenger is not the way to deal with this inconvenient truth .

Mr. mengzhi,

I totally agree with your point of view. If any other country was to follow the US way of the gun then there would be a lot more gun crimes in those country. In the UK we are starting to have more and more gun crimes even amongst the young. This is sad for us.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-9 00:56:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 1/6/2008 08:07 PM
I thought Vic the Trader wants to know how the Chinese feel about guns in the hands of the people.  

Chinese and Weapons
0684-001M.jpg
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-9 01:01:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 1/8/2008 05:46 AM
trader man :  is this a ' slow business day ' ?

Just Curious...

These posters rallying the call to defend Indo-China against the warmongers called the Yankees is priceless as antiques but its relevance today is so tenuous as to be laughable [/quote]

Oh?  It is interesting that you take that tone, when you bemoan the increasing amount of foreign influence on the Chinese people.  You would think you would "Be alert and take strict precautions against splittist activities by class enemies."
0004-001M.jpg

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-9 01:09:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 1/6/2008 11:09 AM
Your batallion collected this kind of material since the Mccarthy's days?

Nope, just the power of unrestricted web tools...

Been curious on this subject for a while - my wife seemed surprised to know that China was in the top five of weapons exports, along with Russia, Britian, France, and the U.S. - who of course are the five perminent members of the U.N Security Council.
0426-001M.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.