Views: 14036|Replies: 23

The Argumentation of “China is developing too rapidly and is losing its culture [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-3-2 18:13:07 |Display all floors
    I absolutely disagree the statement “China is developing too rapidly and is losing its culture tradition”. The reasons are following:
   First of all, China is NOT developing too rapidly. The reformation of the economy system accelerates the development of our country and eliminates the barriers of the domestic market. However, there is still a great distance between China and the developed countries. The most obvious drawback of Chinese economy is that Chinese national industry is indeed weaker than the developed countries’. Even compared with Japan, which is still the leader of Asia in economy, the high-tech industry of China will quickly loose its face when it is standing in front of Honda, Sony and Toyota. So what I is trying to say is that our country is not developing too rapidly but developing at a steady speed. The most significant saying is “We still have a long way to go.”
   The second reason is China maintains its culture tradition. One fact is that there are thousands of foreigners visiting China every year. The revenue of tourism is tremendous. This fact proofs that Chinese culture tradition including the customs of the minorities, the touring scenic spots, the great culture of the five thousand history, all of these are attracting the foreigners from different countries. It is ridiculous to say China is loosing its culture tradition. Another fact is when a country is being stronger and stronger, its culture tradition will affect other countries. A simple example, which is the hot topic of the sports, proofs this fact. Yao Ming is the greatest basketball player in China. He is showing off his great talents in the basketball course of the NBA. “Look at that, Yao’s body is extremely tall and strong, just like the Great Wall. His opponents are trying everything to defend the Great Wall.” One of the commentators said. At the back of Yao Ming, there are more than one billion Chinese people, five thousand years’ culture and a country with strong economy and military power. He becomes famous in the whole world now because he said: “I am from China.” rather than his talents. He also becomes the delegate of the new generation of the Chinese. More and more foreigners believe imitating Chinese culture tradition is a fashion. They begin to enjoy the Chinese traditional festivals besides the Lunar New Year. The Chinese food is also being popular in most place of America.
   China has had great changes in recent years. However, it do not means it is developing too rapidly because it is still not a developed country. Even though China had been a developed country, its culture tradition will have never loosing but be strengthened by its status in the world.        

Use magic tools Report

gtnbia has been deleted
Post time 2004-3-2 19:07:49 |Display all floors

counterpoint...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

bchung has been deleted
Post time 2004-3-2 22:06:07 |Display all floors

well personally i agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-3 03:52:12 |Display all floors

disappearing culture?

some of the changes you see in china are not actually cultural changes, but economic ones.  even the increasing abudance of shopping malls and the like are the direct result of economic changes ... but they do affect the culture somewhat.  

in america, it is depressing to see how mini-malls and "big box" stores like home depot, wal-mart, now dominate wherever large roads pass through.  one of my favorite activities is to drive through more rural regions of america, because i get to see more of the mom-and-pop grocery and hardware stores.  last saturday, i went hiking with some friends and they were incredulous to see the post office was combined with the gas station and convenience store ... but it was like that in most parts of america many years ago.

this type of "cultural change" is not only happening in china, but all over the world.  welcome to our new globalized world.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-3 04:10:40 |Display all floors

Love of culture.

Lament not the loss of tradition, there is no such nostolgic virtue in the temple of our past.  What is undeniable will remain.  Beautiful deceit will tempt without end.   

Use magic tools Report

gtnbia has been deleted
Post time 2004-3-3 11:26:11 |Display all floors

mom-and-pop stores

Use magic tools Report

gtnbia has been deleted
Post time 2004-3-3 13:29:17 |Display all floors

to: seneca

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.