Author: tradervic

China Threatens to Sue German Muesum over Fake Terracotta Warriors [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-12-17 21:35:05 |Display all floors
Satsu,

It does? I thought the ultimate aim was to make money.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2007-12-17 21:52:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2007-12-17 21:35
Satsu,

It does? I thought the ultimate aim was to make money.

I agree, that's the top goal but what I've said is still true, doen't you think so?  I just took the earning of money for granted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-18 06:43:53 |Display all floors

Hound-dog man.

A fake is a fake is a fake , no matter how " authentic ".  I am not surprised that the same bastion of the baying hounds are now desperately trying to make traction as to why a German miscreant is exempt from the rules to which a Chinese would have been pilloried and pulverized .

Just imagine , if a Chinese museum were to put on display a German " V-2 " rocket ( authentic but not original ) to fool the public , would the likes of interesting and emu be here sticking their necks out to defend the Chinese ? Guess not .

This thread is a repeat exercise of the double standard and the inability of these hound-dogs to see the wood for the trees. They just don't get it .  They are entertaining though : it is like watching amoeba moving around to nowhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-3 15:21:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-3 20:47:20 |Display all floors

English comprehension : poor.

soapy,

These Chinese copyists are in the market as copyists : no scam and no deception . " Original COPIES  of western art ". This means they are copies , not the real originals. It means that the customer is warned , instructed and in the know .For soapy to lather on to a froth trying desperately to string this common practice out into a mountain is typical of the bankruptcy of his thinking , mental process and the disingenuous  desire to " sex up " an irrelevant item . Poor show my good man, poor show indeed !:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-3 20:50:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-3 21:42:46 |Display all floors
ZG,

The most popular works sold in the US, aside from some late Symbolism and the early Moderns, are all in the public domain in every country; they may be freely copied and redistributed as copies. The signature may even be copied in some countries, so long as it is accompanied by an extra signature mark to designate it a copy (in order to avoid forgery laws).
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.