Views: 73798|Replies: 1179

If that men who Don't smoke & drink is not real men? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-12-5 17:30:28 |Display all floors
Seems everybody know that smoking and drinking are  not benefit for our health...but seems more and more people like to smoke and drink...

and I heard that a funny story for smoking and drinking:

a guy go to visit his parents -in-law in the first time...and his parents are very satisfy with his work, his family...and all other things...seems so smooth this time...at last...his future father-in-law ask for him another questions:

do you smoke? -----oh, no, no...

do you drink?----oh, sorry, I can not...

do you like gamble sometimes?----oh, I never do it...

after that guy go back home, and get the failure result soon...and he wanna know why he failed...for that father-in-law think that man doesn't smoke/drink is not a real man...

Dear friends, if you are a man...do you smoke and drink?

if you are a girl/woman, do you like a man who like smoke/drink? if you also agree with that father-in-law?

please comment, thanks...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-5 18:28:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sexlion at 2007-12-5 17:30
Seems everybody know that smoking and drinking are  not benefit for our health...but seems more and more people like to smoke and drink...

and I heard that a funny story for smoking and drinking ...

Haha.....

My bf doesn't smoking nor drinking, it's pretty good for me, cuz it can save money a lot and let me avoid to be a victim smoker...i do hate that smell......

But like your friend's story, my mom asked my bf the same question when he visited my parents for the first time, he said " No, i dont smoking.....but i can drink today...."

Then every thing gonna be happy....my parents still can accept him....

Even some friends told me that a man who does not smoke nor drink is a "half man".........anyway , i like the man who does not smoke nor drink.....:lol:lol

Do you smoke or drink , Lion?
Nothing hurts like the truth.......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-5 19:02:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sexlion at 5-12-2007 09:30 AM
Dear friends, if you are a man...do you smoke and drink?

No, I do not smoke or drink.

Every woman we meet in China tells Ms G I am a good man for not smoking or drinking.

Those who smoke due to peer presure are weak. I prefer being healthy and strong!
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-12-5 19:54:17 |Display all floors
None of us in my family smokes or drinks.
I do not think that a man should drink or smoke in order to feel male.
Masculinity has to do with behaviour first .
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-5 22:18:15 |Display all floors

Reply #2 --- babymichelle's post...

You wrote:

"Even some friends told me that a man who does not smoke nor drink is a "half man".........anyway , i like the man who does not smoke nor drink....."

==>  Then I will have to confess that I am one of those 'half men' who may live longer (lower chance of dying from cancer, like my father did), and reduce my chances of getting into an accident/fight or being abused when getting drunk.

Would you consider someone half a man or women who cannot stand up for themselves and make their own choices, but would bow to social pressure and let others make decisions about how they live their personal lives?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-5 23:32:51 |Display all floors

How weird his father-in-law is...

I don't smoke at all.. As for wine , I drink some at the party with friends and family but I'm not indulged to alcohol....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-6 01:05:26 |Display all floors

Once in a while I do consume alcohol!

I don't get drunk (only once in Spain...but that's a different story)...I am not addicted to alcohol...I don't love or hate alcohol...I don't allow alcohol to run my life...I don't drink alone...I don't need alcohol to calm my nerves...I don't need alcohol to make me more socialable...I don't need to drown my sorrow in alcohol...I don't feel that alcohol can make me stronger...I drink water to quench my thirst if I am really thirsty...alcohol is not a must in my life.

When I drink...I drink in small quantity...I don't pour alcohol straight into my esophagus...I swallow it slowly with food...I don't drink alcohol with an empty stomach...I don't drink alcohol when I am the driver...I definitely don't drink before and during sexual activities...hahahahha...and definitely not after

One advice...if you want to have a good sleep, don't drink before bed time...alcohol has a so called paradoxical effect on the brain...at first it acts as a depressant and later on it acts as a stimulant.

"In all things there is a poison, and there is nothing without a poison. It depends only on the dose whether a poison is poison or not."                          - Paracelsus

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.