Author: usatochina

Another dissatisfied American [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-12-7 19:36:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-7 19:53:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-12-7 10:43

Schreiber, meet Sock, Sock, this is Schreiber.

Hmm, you two make a handsome and intelligent couple ....

Intelligent?

Ha, ha, ha.

OK I must admit sock sounds intelligent. But schreiber/(non)interesting?

Well, emu, I knew you were our village idiot, but I didn't know that village idiots class other village idiots as intelligent.

Man, you guys crack me up with your sheer stupidity.

Ha, ha, ha.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-7 22:24:42 |Display all floors

Reply to the sheep who criticized my post...

1.  My post consisted entirely of questions to usatochina.  The initial post he authored was so general, no one can accurately describe what criticisms back his statement that the United States is a 'messed up' country.  Because usatochina has not replied, or created another post in this thread, it appears to have been an effort to stir up those who hate the United States and what it stands for (represented by those who criticized my questions) and those who support, at least, the ideals that the United States stands for.

2.  I agree with those that believe the poster is young.  Such blanket statements typically come from those who have not yet learned to think for themselves, and tend to regurgitate mantras preached from some extremist group.  The identification of a specific problem, such as the Iraq war, export of US jobs overseas, national debt, lack of good political candidates (on all sides), etc as being an authentic post from an American.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-8 09:23:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nosferatu at 8-12-2007 00:24
1.  My post consisted entirely of questions to usatochina.  The initial post he authored was so general, no one can accurately describe what criticisms back his statement that the United States is  ...

gee nossy - didn't see any sheep respond to your post.

But what are you saying??

Are you intimating that you can offer an opinion and noone is allowed to offer one in return??

And I did not see any "criticism" of your post just alternative views - why are you so paranoid?

-= Man created god before god created man =-

-= The wolf is our shepherd =-
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-8 10:48:04 |Display all floors
I wonder what the response would be from the resident U.S.-bashers if the name of this thread had been: Another dissatisfied Chinese ?
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-8 12:16:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-8 12:32:35 |Display all floors
Nos,

Absolutely. I've known a lot of American expats and most have specific reasons for leaving the US and it seems that the most common aren't negative but positive: they simply like being in France/Italy/Japan/India/etc. better. I can easily identify with this: the US lacks a lot of things that many other countries have because of their age, geography or homogeneous population. I thought about moving to Italy for some time because I have preferences for old stone cities--I didn't move because, really, I had no idea what I would do once there. I also considered a move to Japan because I like what I've seen of Japanese culture so far and so on.

But you're right: the generality exposes the posters as politically and socially unaware, indicating (as I said) a rather young age.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.