Views: 16375|Replies: 101

Another dissatisfied American [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-12-3 13:45:15 |Display all floors
I am also not fond of the American government, like RaymondUSA. I was born and raised in Montana, USA, and have lived in Beijing 1.5 years.The American public is a bunch of sheep, they just follow the advice of advertisements and media. I hope that people from other countries realize that not all of Americans are so blindly patriotic. I love living in China... the people, the language, the culture. I also love the fact that I have nice alternative to living in my messed-up home country
Front Cover.JPG

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-3 16:03:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by usatochina at 2007-12-3 13:45
I am also not fond of the American government, like RaymondUSA. I was born and raised in Montana, USA, and have lived in Beijing 1.5 years.The American public is a bunch of sheep, they just follow  ...

To be honest, I am a bit tired of meeting Americans abroad who dislike George Bush and who are embarrassed by their government. 99 per cent of your fellas are the same. I don’t even have to ask about politics to listen to some America volunteering he dislikes George Bush. It is like you are trying to impress people by your dislike of the man. It's boring.

I meet an interesting American couple in Japan a few years ago who were very different. The man in particular, was pro America. Too pro, to be honest, and a couple of Brazilians had taken to his face with a iron-bar. Not a nice looking nose, and he was fleeing Japan in case the Brazilians caught up with him. I can’t say that I was fond of him either, but he was unique, and I’d rather meet a unique person than a mundane person.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chasity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-3 17:18:18 |Display all floors

Fighting the good fight.

The American public is a bunch of sheep, they just follow the advice of advertisements and media. I hope that people from other countries realize that not all of Americans are so blindly patriotic ...

I am afraid I don't know Americans outside CA, Tristate and New England, but I was hoping Americans of all backgrounds are decent if one overlooks the rather quaint English you speak and the tendency to correct my Chinglish.

The ask is to usher in a Pacific Century beneficial to all Pacific-rim countries and beyond and take evolution forward one step in the right direction. As it is, I think we are all on the cusp, a few more steps in the wrong direction and we will be the shortest living species.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-6 12:01:02 |Display all floors
How old are you? You sound like a teenager.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-6 14:46:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2007-12-6 12:01
How old are you? You sound like a teenager.

Why, are you 12?
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-6 17:53:11 |Display all floors

Welcome to China.

Welcome to the forum usatochina . It is a very bold statement to make in light of some of the hyenas lurking around the bush in here parts , gunning for Chinese patriots and any  " anti-American " bods even if they are Americans.  I am sure you will find sanity does prevail and you can get a decent conversation at times , dodging the eternally babbling merchants among us .

I am with you here . I think Dubya is very unfortunate and unfair on the US population . He single handedly has managed to lead most of the world to think that Americans are all made after his image . Nothing is further from the truth . The only thing I cannot understand is this : why do learned and educated people like yourself managed to vote him back the second time !

I am not ant-American I am just sympathetic to the 8 years of purgatory that the Americans have had to endure each time their president stood up to speak . Mint a medal for each and every one please.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-6 19:18:54 |Display all floors
Another dissatisfied American

I am also not fond of the American government, like RaymondUSA. I was born and raised in Montana, USA, and have lived in Beijing 1.5 years.The American public is a bunch of sheep, they just follow the advice of advertisements and media. I hope that people from other countries realize that not all of Americans are so blindly patriotic. I love living in China... the people, the language, the culture. I also love the fact that I have nice alternative to living in my messed-up home country

Great!  Enjoy your "paradise" in China.  I'm sure you'll really be accepted there.  And good riddance, too!  America can definitely afford to get rid of more losers like you.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.