Author: sinfulgirl

I'd contribute a little on Chinese's 'bad manners' if possible [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-26 19:32:31 |Display all floors

Reply #4 ghost156's post

It's that sort of attitude that's going to have the world looking down upon the Chinese.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 19:43:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2007-11-25 17:37
Perhaps you shouldn't be in China if you're that sensitive.

""" On top of that, they are quite rude to us foreign language teachers, constantly referring to us as "laowai&quo ...

Americans have a few derogatory terms for the Chinese as well.  Perhaps if Chinese think "laowai" and "guilao" aren't that big a deal, perhaps Chinese visitors to America wouldn't mind locals referring to them in a similar fashion.  Perhaps I'll even greet visitors in Chinese: "欢迎老外" (welcome, laowai) since it's "no big deal."
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 21:22:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 22:26:56 |Display all floors

Reply #3 whampoa's post

you're so full of ---- I can't even bother to reply.
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 23:28:10 |Display all floors
Spitting is not a big problem, I find it dirty, but not something I think about. I guess I got used to it.
Waiting is more of a problem in China. Why not let the people out of the elevator first? Everyone is so afraid that they will not get in, even though there is enough room. In the traffic it's much worse. No one will help others, people only think about them selves.
The supermarket still surprise me. I wait in line for long time, and people just walk in right in front of me. If I ask them to get back in line, they are just rude to me. Chinese should try this once in USA or in Europe :)
Laowei might be a normal word in Chinese, but the word I hate the most. If I see a black man on the street, I don't point my finger and scream "nigger". This is how I feel when people call me laowei. Maybe not because of the word, but because it is always followed by a pointing finger and a special tone. Some times I want to point at them and scream "Zhong Guo Ren"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-27 06:26:31 |Display all floors

-

zglobal, That's what I've been saying all along! I have had no problem with Chinese people's actions. It's their nature to do the things they do and it is not rude to them. What is so ironic about it is that it's mostly Chinese people who bring the subject up! They are beating a dead horse on this one.

"Can't we all, get along"?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.