Author: pjtran

what would the world be without america... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-25 10:02:51 |Display all floors
Actually, CB, that's the likely outcome: Britain's eternal empire. If the colonies hadn't broken away, Britain would have retained North America and the Napoleonic wars would have granted them most of what the US purchased.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-25 10:55:52 |Display all floors
A world without America?  Hmmmm.... China and others would need to find another country to point their fingers at.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 22:53:09 |Display all floors

CD would have to find another method of demonstrating how it sucks

A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-27 03:02:11 |Display all floors

Probably wouldn't be too much different

Except maybe there wouldn't be so many McDonalds and Starbucks...  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-28 03:19:42 |Display all floors

May want to go to the bookstore and pick up...

Originally posted by cbcronin at 11/24/2007 05:51 PM
Too many historical variations possible to evaluate. A more powerful Britian during the 18th century? Japan's self imposed isolation left intact? Spain still in SE. Asia? Etc.

Each variation in ...

You may want to go to the book store and pickup the 'Alternative Histories' line of books from Harry Turtledove or any of the "What If" series.

There was an interesting piece in the first What If book about Chiang did agree to split China with the Communists in a deal with Joseph Stalin, Harry Truman, and Clarence Atlay at the end of WWII.  If I can dig up the book, I will scan the 'balkanized' map proposed in the story.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-28 10:05:13 |Display all floors
Well, you can spit in one hand and S_ _t in the other one and see which one fills up first.....

Things are as they should be at this moment....One second from now, things will be different.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-28 12:26:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-11-27 14:19

You may want to go to the book store and pickup the 'Alternative Histories' line of books from Harry Turtledove or any of the "What If" series.

There was an interesting piece in th ...

I've read his alternate history space invasion series, the one that takes place during WWII :). The others I have had detailed to me where I used to work. My boss loved his books, and would often narrate every one of them to me when I was on shift.

He isn't a bad author, but he has an issue with introducing too many characters.... ultimately leading the reader to remain disassociated with the main one's plight.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.