Author: lacaterina

How to judge the Chinese behaviors?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-22 23:17:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lacaterina at 2007-11-22 13:41
What i puzzled is that sometimes people (including Chinese) have stereotype on the Chinese. What a sad thing.

yes, La Cat all stereotypes are saddening.

Now if you'll excuse me I must finish my Big Mac or I will never have time to hold-up the corner liquor store before I get to the noon lynching in support of destablilizing Asia.... ta ta
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-23 13:36:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2007-11-23 11:30

Oh no, lady, behaviour is in the beholder's eye, and if you are the VISITOR to some country other than your own, your behaviour gets examined against the background of the local scene.
Others ...

Mao statue is too tall!!!  

20-25 feet high, who got guts to climb???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-24 21:15:48 |Display all floors
We chinese have done a great jod,dont care what foreigner said.They dont know what "rude" is.They only know what "race" is.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-25 11:04:43 |Display all floors

Reply #27 yonna_shen's post

You're right!  Silly us... disrespecting another country's monuments isn't rude at all.  China, please teach us "foreigners" about good etiquette.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-25 12:13:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-25 13:27:52 |Display all floors
ZG,

It will depend on how you define it. I expect China as a whole to have worse manners than the West as a whole. I think those differences should disappear once you start comparing between subgroups: are Chinese farmers any more ill-mannered than Western farmers? what about laborers? etc. That usually eliminates a lot of issues like this. Fewer people as a proportion go to college in China, but I'm sure the manners gap closes when you compare Chinese college graduates with Western college graduates, as an additional example.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-25 16:40:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lacaterina at 2007-11-21 15:34
I saw a piece of story online (written by a Chinese) the other day criticizing Chinese tourists' "rude" behavior abroad. Well , to be exactly, a bunch of CHinese visitors were riding the  ...

all i can think about is that they have bias to Chinese.
just as the story has shown us.it is wrong for Chinese to ride on bronze bull.but once the foreigners do it too,then it becomes OK to ride.what a logic.
so the title shall be changed as how to judge the westerner's behaviors.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.