Views: 8686|Replies: 45

How to judge the Chinese behaviors?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-21 15:34:39 |Display all floors
I saw a piece of story online (written by a Chinese) the other day criticizing Chinese tourists' "rude" behavior abroad. Well , to be exactly, a bunch of CHinese visitors were riding the bronze bull in the Wall Street. It sparkles a lot of criticism on these behaviors.

Then probably one day after, someone posted a series of photos showing that tourists from other nations also do the same, riding the bull. Then it suddenly justify the Chinese tourists' behaviors. Then lots of criticism chase after those who critcized on the Chinese tourists.

What puzzles me is that  it suddenly becomes okay just because others do the same. As for "riding the bull"itself, I do not think it is that rude as it worths so much criticism, it does not cause any harm any way. Just shouldnt it be a standard to justify the tourists' behavior regardless of others' doings??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-21 15:55:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lacaterina at 2007-11-21 15:34
I saw a piece of story online (written by a Chinese) the other day criticizing Chinese tourists' "rude" behavior abroad. Well , to be exactly, a bunch of CHinese visitors were riding the  ...

What is rude with people like children climbing all over the laughing Buddha????

Afterall, a bull is meant for riding like in those rodeos events in Kansas
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-21 16:40:52 |Display all floors
I saw a piece of story online (written by a Chinese) the other day criticizing Chinese tourists' "rude" behavior abroad. Well , to be exactly, a bunch of CHinese visitors were riding the  ...

The fame of a community or a nation may be ruined after one or two people committed some wrongdoings...

I maintain that riding the bronze bull is impolite.....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-11-21 21:02:26 |Display all floors
you can't condemn the whole nation just because some people do something wrong
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-21 22:09:42 |Display all floors

Reply #1 lacaterina's post

I think this highlights the fact that we're most conscious of our own faults and hope that people like us will act properly (while being more forgiving of how others act if they aren't of our race).

And yeah, riding a statue is not ok.
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-22 02:59:11 |Display all floors

Reply #1 lacaterina's post

I would ride on the bronze bull. What's wrong with it?
When you go on tours in China, a lot of people ride on statue. For example the Ming XiaoLing Tomb in Nanjing, people ride on those animals to take pictures. It seems normal. Maybe they should post a sign that the bull is not for riding.
America is always eying on the Chinese. They're just jealous that we know how to have fun.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-22 06:25:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by heyyou at 2007-11-22 02:59
America is always eying on the Chinese.

Really?
Odd.
If you read the original posting...let's see....

I saw a piece of story online (written by a Chinese) the other day criticizing Chinese tourists' "rude" behavior abroad.

ummm now where do those jealous Americans come into it?
what happened there?  
Sad, you were too busy taking a shot at imaginary Americans to notice we're talking about Chinese complaining about Chinese here.

But not much fun in that eh? Gotta make it about Americans....
So really, who's really always eyeing whom? LOL
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.