Views: 4157|Replies: 5

Topics for Colorful Domain English Club(BJ) , Nov.11, 2007-Prepared by Audrey [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-7 14:01:04 |Display all floors
***********************************************************************************
Colorful Domain English Club (Beijing)
email: cdclub_bj@yahoo.com.cn
Since May 30, 2004

***********************************************************************************
Time: 10.30am-12.30pm, November 11, 2007
Venue: Byone Western Restaurant 百万庄园西餐店(朝外联合大厦店)
(highly appreciated if you could arrive by 10:20 a.m.)

How to get there:Take Loop Line of the Subway, Get off at Chaoyangmen Station, and Take Exit A. Walk around the Office Building of Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) clockwise. The restaurant is just opposite to MOFA's southeastern entrance.

Roles:
Host: Audrey
Prepared speaker: Ketty
Minutes Writer: Joyce

Topic 1. Appreciation
Thanksgiving Day is on the way, got any plan for it? Can be traced back to long long time ago, Thanksgiving today is, in every sense, a national annual holiday on which Americans of various faiths and backgrounds join in to express their gratitude for the year' s bounty and reverently seek for continued blessings.
Try to figure out the person whom you appreciate from the bottom of your heart, and share the story with us. Moreover, take actions to express your appreciation to him/her on .

To know more about Thanksgiving, pls check it out at Thanksgiving.

Topic 2. Favorite Singer
These days I’ve been reading sth. about Elvis Presley (1935-1977), i.e. the Hillbilly Cat, the most influential singer in the 20th century’s pop and country music field, to commemorate the 30th anniversary of his pass-away.
Everyone has his/her own giant in the music field, which I hope can be introduced to us all as well as the enchanting songs that attract you so much.

To know more about Elvis Presley, pls check it out at .Elvis Presley.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-8 11:05:48 |Display all floors
Dear Joyce, I really want to join you guys on your sunday meeting, but i have a zither class at 13:00pm. I want to know whether it is possible for me to leave at 12:00. I don't want to break rules of the club. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-8 13:08:21 |Display all floors

Welcome to Join Us Vivian

Sure you can leave the meeting a bit early for your Zither class, we understand.
Wow,you can play Zither,what a talented girl!Could you perform it for us in CDCLUB party someday? :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-9 10:09:43 |Display all floors

To: Vivian

Zither player? We really need one for our parties which take place from time to time on various pretenses.  
To Joyce: what's the name for the male pole dancer? and what is the name of the girl who once promised to give us a lecture on tea-making?
Poor memory of mine!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-9 14:51:08 |Display all floors

To Alhaji

The talented dancer is Raymond and the intelligent tea art lover is Betty.

your memory is not poor,you are just too busy my Bro!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-13 09:53:16 |Display all floors

to Joyce & Alhaji

You are so kind, thank you. See you then.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.