Author: beijingbabe

China: Great nation or Greatest nation? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-14 15:59:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2007-11-14 11:44
Have you noticed that Changamullah has become decidedly less vitriolic and a lot less "productive" of late?
Maybe this is the welcome beginning of his growing up?  ...

I think he's just tired of being comprehensively beated in these debates, although I would welcome any evidence of him maturing.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-15 22:29:52 |Display all floors
China has developed in the fastest way in the past three decades,and its economy is to become the third largest in the world only after the US and Japan.However economy is not the only factor that determines whether a nation is a large nation or not.A nation is considered to be a power according to its economy,the level of scientific development,soft power and so on .China's science development still lags behind developed countries a lot ,it has a limited influence on the world issue .So tt is still too early to say that China is a greatest nation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-16 09:29:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by beijingbabe at 2007-11-5 11:10
China is a very crucial country in the world. Many countries look to China to take the lead and show them the way. As the dollar drops and the American economy collapses, does this make China the greatest nation or only a great one?

It is the greatest nation , Beijin Baby and we, the outer aliens will have to make big efforts to follow the Great Leading Nation. Matching is yet out of our reach but minimalizing the distance should be first target.

I the beginning we will remove most of garbage boxes from the streets and employ thousands of extra cleaning guys. Then we will switch off part of street light signals, remove active lights from bicycles, fire all our policmen and replace them by the mentally handicapped ones. Sure we will teach them whistling whole days long.

Our people are not used to bang every ten seconds on the horn when driving, so here we may not get to the leading standard quickly, but this can be improved by fixing horn switches on every pedal , on every switch of front desk and even we may install them under seats. Thus on any street hole the sound signal will go off. Ah, we also need to add some holes to the street asphalt...

I was so unlucky this year to spend my time in the forest by a lake , very few people around , feeling lik on the Moon after a year in The Greatest Land...and whole time missing the dust, chemical fumes ...And I had to bear this horrible deathening silence..birds can't make for cars' horns. So sad.

There are lot of changes befor us in all branches of life , so we hould start working now. I am going to begin with random pencil strokes. One year later we will have a working set to replace our alphabet with. I bet it will give our kids a lot of fun and happines. They will not need to spend much  of their  precious time learning this crazy mathematics, geography, biology, history, astronomy. languages basics of street traffic etc. They will learn pictures instead.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-17 09:58:56 |Display all floors
how do you qualifiy your argument that "the American economy collapses"

american econmic growth may be slowing down, but to say it collapses is totally misleading

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-19 12:59:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by welloops at 2007-11-17 09:58
how do you qualifiy your argument that "the American economy collapses"

american econmic growth may be slowing down, but to say it collapses is totally misleading

I read those Amerikan who have retired to EU are now complaining of the weak Collasped dollar.................they get so low in Euros
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-19 19:46:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2007-11-19 14:59
I read those Amerikan who have retired to EU are now complaining of the weak Collasped dollar.................they get so low in Euros

And how about the tens of thousands of ordinay Chinese who have retired to the EU ?
I bet they're happy with the rising Yuan, oh that's right , there aren't any because of the artificially depressed price of that currency.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-20 09:41:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-11-19 19:46

And how about the tens of thousands of ordinay Chinese who have retired to the EU ?
I bet they're happy with the rising Yuan, oh that's right , there aren't any because of the artificially dep ...

I bet you will smile yr ass out

when yr Aus $ is at Euro level (now 0.92?....)

to the Amerikan $
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.