Author: voice_cd

The rich have poor reputation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-14 10:37:26 |Display all floors

Lyrics to Motorhead song, "Eat the Rich"

Originally posted by voice_cd at 2007-9-12 03:15
Wealthy Chinese do not have a good reputation, a survey by China Youth Daily and Sina.com has found.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-09/12/content_6098768.htm
it's a common phe ...

I forgot to include the lyrics:

They say music is the food of love,
Lets see if you’re hungry enough,
Take a bite, take another, just like a good boy would…
Get a sweet thing on the side,
Home cooking, homicide,
Side order, could be your daughter,
Finger licking good…

[Chorus]
Come on baby, eat the rich,
Put the bite on the son of a bitch,
Dont mess up, dont you give me no switch…
Cmon baby and eat the rich,
Cmon baby and eat the rich…

Sittin down in a restaurant,
Tell the waiter just what you want,
Is that the meat, you wanted to eat?,
How would you ever know?…
Hash browns an bacon strips,
I love the way that you lick your lips,
No fooling, I can see you drooling,
Feel the hunger grow…

[Chorus]
Put the bite on the son of a bitch,
Dont mess up, dont you give me no switch…
Cmon honey, here’s your supper,
Cmon baby, bite that sucka!…

[Solo]

I’ll eat you, baby you eat me,
Eat two, baby get one free,
Shetland pony, or extra pepperoni,
Just pick up the phone…
Eat Greek, or eat Chinese,
Eat salad, or scarf up grease,
Youre on the shelf, you eat yourself,
Come on, and bite my bone…

[Chorus]
Bite down on the son of a bitch,
Dont mess around, dont you give me no switch…
Sittin’ here in a hired tuxedo,
You wanna see my bacon torpedo!…

Eat it baby! Eat the Rich!
Eat it baby! Eat the Riiiich!
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-14 12:44:08 |Display all floors

Reply #3 seneca's post

Alas the rich generates a lot of "red eyes" due to their strange "non standard" behaviour.

There are rich who "see and interprete" events, situations and nature from a different viewpoint. (the ugly imperfectionist)
There are rich who "seems to be too money conscious" and always out for a "gain". (greed)
There are rich who "seems to be so smart" (making one unhappy of being common)
There are the rich who "indulge in vices" of easy women, fast cars, expensive accessories. (sucks big time! why women would fall for such greedy people)
There are rich who "wants to be our leaders". (They are already rich, now they want to control our lifestyles. Control of the masses is one way that we can fight the against the rich! - and become rich (in their secret hope)!!!!! ha ha ha )

etc.

UNDERSTANDING ATTITUDES! Key to a better future for all Chinese!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game master
God of Longeitivity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-14 13:08:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2007-9-12 19:29
Don't worry too much about that at this stage. Nouveau riche are generally badly behaved, hence the rather derogatory "new money" tag pinned on these people. It will likely improve with t ...

For me, it depends on their motivation for becoming rich, and how they got rich. Some people have a passion for something, and becoming rich is the side effect. I admire these people. For some people, being rich is the goal and they will cheat whoever they can to get there. I don't have much time for these people. The only redeeming factor is that many of the people they cheat are exactly the same as them, and would have done the same if they had had the ability.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-14 16:32:28 |Display all floors
The concern is somehow suspicious of the green-eyed psychology, I think. These big-tummyed firgures on the top of wealth pyramid would often become vulnerable to many cynical but innocent expersts and observors. Yes, quite a few of richers  could be to blame for their some controversile deeds. Many established their gold castles via sweaty shops or shrewd speculations.

By contrast with those contemporay eco experts or ethic moralizers, however, these richers seem deserve our worship and respect at least, in terms of job-creation and fiscal contribution and so forth.

Suppose every richer was moved so greatly, by those ethic experts, to empty their purses to ragged groups in the streets, what kind of look the society would take?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-14 23:09:39 |Display all floors
Many richer became rich in wealth but don't become rich in their mind. They don't know how to act as a richer, what should a richer to be.  In the last so long time, in Chinese richers are rear, so there are no model can the new richers to fellow. So maybe the government and socity should to teach the people who possesses of much wealth to become a real richer not only in the term of asset but also in the term of belief.  maintaining good reputation, in fact can provide a loose atmosphere and environment to the richer on live and investment. but not all the richer' asset got by legal way. despite these people may have much close relationship with some governor, we should publish them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-15 01:19:29 |Display all floors
The rich are same with other people, do not ask them to do more better. They have the right to be themselves. They do worng, just be punished. They do right, be award. Just so. So, it is unnecessory to estimate rich or poor. We are the same!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-15 08:45:00 |Display all floors
The population of well-off in China is growing faster and faster,it is unfair simply to say the well-off must be poor moral,it is undinied that part of the well-off  who are upstarts,virtually,have low education and poor society ethics,though.
But some outstanding well-off in China donate  large amount of their wealth to charity to help the poor children who can not enter schools.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.