Author: changabula

What Can China Learn From Her History? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2007-9-4 21:55:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-9-4 20:36
I think it's odd that my general opinion about drugs and the global drug trade is considered to be a view specifically about China.

North, are you not aware that there are large bodies of people ...

North, are you not aware that there are large bodies of people, backed by large bodies of research, that oppose drug prohibition worldwide on the grounds that it is neither as harmful as people say nor any government's legitimate business anyhow?

Schreiber,

There are not many subjects/replies/arguments etc. on this board that do surprise me but your reply hit me unprepared and unexpected.

For any sane person and for all but a few rogue governments drug trade is a serious crime. This is the norm in all civilized societies.

We're talking here about Opium, a dangerous drug that leads to destruction of brain cells and ultimately to death.

I've yet to see any scientist who recommends the distribution/legalization of hard drugs.

Just don't tell me that you're serious.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-5 10:42:04 |Display all floors

Satsu_jin

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2007-9-4 21:55

There are not many subjects/replies/arguments etc. on this board that do surprise me but your reply hit me unprepared and unexpected.

For any sane person and for all but a few rogue governments drug trade is a serious crime. This is the norm in all civilized societies.

We're talking here about Opium, a dangerous drug that leads to destruction of brain cells and ultimately to death.

I've yet to see any scientist who recommends the distribution/legalization of hard drugs.

Just don't tell me that you're serious.  ...

He's serious about legalizing drug-trade.

Read his comment on this: http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... &extra=page%3D1

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-5 11:17:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2007-9-5 13:16:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-9-5 11:17
Satsu,

First, you'll hardly ever see scientists advocating the widespread use of anything other than better science education; as a body, scientists strive to be apolitical in their role as scie ...

Hi Schreiber,

afaik Opium on a wider scale was only consumed in China after the Brits forced it upon the nation.

If drugs do no harm then I recommend animal lovers to keep cobras as pets. Occasionally they bite but it certainly doesn't do any harm other then that the poison kills almost instantly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-5 14:59:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-5 15:03:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2007-9-4 21:55
Schreiber,

I am surprised that its taken you so long to realise it!
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-5 15:05:44 |Display all floors
Hey everybody, notice this little gem:

Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-9-5 14:59
It's also not true that Britain "forced" opium on China:

Another one from the book of schreiber!
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.