Post time 2008-7-6 16:03:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by laoxianggg at 2007-8-3 14:33
老美不了解中国情况。中国有几个人住得起house?

lol. 中国人有钱的太多,住得起house的,中国人起码超过三分之一。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-6 16:16:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by k7challenger at 2008-5-28 11:43
what is the different about  the home house  family

Home is a general word. In my opinion, it includes unit, apartment, and house, etc. You can say I'd like to invite you to my home/place. After all, it's just a place for you to live in.

House is one type of building. Usually it has a front yard and a back yard as well, a separate garage, sometimes a swimming pool. Probably it's the most expensive building followed by villa.

Family......is the word which mainly refers to people with blood relationship. Your parents are ur family. In the movie Sleepless in Seattle, Sam said 'You are my family' when he finally found out his little son at the top of the Empire Building.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-20 12:18:15 |Display all floors
Actually, it is correct to say "buy a home". If the word "house" can cause confusion because of the different denotations between China and western countries, it may be well to say "buy a property" as a property can include all kinds of living places such as house, flat/unit, apartment, townhouse. For a "二手房", a pre-owned property or a pre-owned home is all right.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.