Author: laoxianggg

“二手房”怎么说 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-3 13:13:40 |Display all floors
英文中没有二手房这个概念

I bought a new(another) house. (The house is new to me, no matter it has been lived by someone else before)
It can also mean "a newly built house".
So, "a new house" is ambiguous.

You can add "brand" in front of new to mean "a newly built house".

There is no separate word in English language to distinguish the two.

"pre-owned"(Us English),"Second-hand (British English) or "used"   are not used to describe a house

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-3 14:33:05 |Display all floors
老美不了解中国情况。中国有几个人住得起house?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-8-4 13:11:48 |Display all floors

这段话非常中肯,值得大家好好记在心里。

Originally posted by addie_chenb at 2007-8-2 11:58 PM
I think in general Chinese people have a misconception that there's a single right or wrong answer to everything. It doesn't work that way. There are a variety of terms that often describe the same thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-9 19:46:42 |Display all floors
什么啊  你没见过不见得就没有 The market’s concerns about the health of the economy were exacerbated by the National Association of Realtors’ Pending Home Sales report, which showed pending sales of previously owned homes fell by a record 12.2% in July to its lowest level in six years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-9 21:03:44 |Display all floors

Reply #1 laoxianggg's post

second hand house

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-12 08:36:54 |Display all floors
"Used"表示旧的,废弃的

所以我的翻译是

Half-used house ' apartment

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-17 09:30:14 |Display all floors
Interesting conversation we have here.
First of all, you may have several houses but you normally have only one home. Home is where your family
stays. Home has emotion attachment to it. You can NOT really sell a home. If you are selling a home, it must be your last resort. I sincerely hope that it is not the case.
House is a term refereing to the physical place such as apartments, condos, single-family house or so.
What I see on the classified ads is often: New House or Existing House. For New House you are buying as
the first owner of the house, normally directly from builder. For Existing House you are second or later owner of the dwelling.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.