Author: changabula

China: A Role Model to All Nations [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-22 19:15:36 |Display all floors

I am switching sides.

Chang,

Must you always hog the limelight and take all the credit ? Why can't you leave some crumbs for me to have ? You have just thoroughly and completely taken over my spot , attempting to be the guru and expert on the matter of colonization charity . You come along and comprehensively hijacked the topic and killed the goose. I will tell my mother on you. I don't want to play with you anymore. I am going over to Scribe's side , if he would have me. Would you scribe, emu, trader .......? please I will be good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 06:25:15 |Display all floors
Have I played my trump card too quickly?

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-7-22 19:15
Chang,

Must you always hog the limelight and take all the credit ? Why can't you leave some crumbs for me to have ? You have just thoroughly and completely taken over my spot , attempting to be  ...

Accept my deepest apologies, old friend.

I will tell you what. Why don't you join those guys for a bit?
They lack credibility.
They just don't know what is happening at the moment.
I have been reading some of their recent posts and its so pathetic thats its cringworthy.
I feel sorry for them -- similar to a boxer who is winning his fight but still has to beat the living daylights out of the other guy because the bell hasn't rung.

Next time I will try to spin it out a bit.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 07:47:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 22-7-2007 01:04
Recently, China has helped to arbitrate between the US and North Korea.

After years of protecting North Korea and refusing to try to make it change. It's too late now - North Korea has nuclear weapons and it won't give them up.

Is that a model developing countries should follow in foreign policy - wait until it's too late to do anything?

Is it a good idea for China to act as a role model or should she just quietly mind her own business?

China can't act as a role model for Africa because China's growth in many respects is a special case that resulted from its own characteristics - China can't tell Africa how to do what it did because it can't be replicated anywhere.

What it can do is try to help through direct aid - more loans would just make the debt problem worse. But more importantly China should try to help develop local industry that is not energy-based. China has been very quick to buy resources from Africa, which helps now. But no country can survive on its energy resources, as they're always finite.

What I find worrying is that a lot of cheap Chinese imports have come in to many markets and choked domestic industry. Africa can't make a success of itself in the future if it is too reliant on expoliting resources.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 13:08:26 |Display all floors

Move the see-saw someone.

Yes Chang, I wish we can re-select the teams like we used to do at school. At the moment there is such a lopsided discrepancy with quality it is like two fatsos at one end of the see-saw with a weedy nerd at the other end . NO MOVEMENT and no contest . You are one of the " fatsos " Chang. Stop hogging the limelight and let me play too.  I will, if they invite me, join them for a while . You will be sorry. I am going to make you pay for your sarcasm, wittiness and sharp barbs. Meantime , I am glad you are on my side. Hate to meet up with the likes of you if we are on the opposing team. Carry on. No mercy asked and none shown. !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 18:29:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-7-23 13:08
Yes Chang, I wish we can re-select the teams like we used to do at school. At the moment there is such a lopsided discrepancy with quality it is like two fatsos at one end of the see-saw with a wee ...

Do you see the way emu is staggering around like a drunk?

He doesn't know what to talk about or say.
He is going around in circles, confused and dazed.

I am going to help emu formulate an argument with one post.
emu, what are you trying to say?
Are you trying to say that China cannot be a role model for everyone?
There I have given you clarity of thought.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 22:23:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-24 01:47:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.