Views: 2724|Replies: 2

CD Club Meeting Minute on July 15, 2007 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-17 22:28:47 |Display all floors
15 members presented at this Sunday morning gathering, with one new comer Joceph, actually, it was the second time of Joceph’s attending, but the first time was one year ago, since he looked quite new to most of the members, Joceph gave us a concise introduction of himself with his objective to improve oral English , because he needed to meet the requirements of 2008 Olympic Games volunteer job, we can feel from Joceph’s behavior that Olympic Games encouraging and pushing people with new trials and new objectives.

What the meaning of “CIP”,Chinese important person? Haha,  Alhaji opened our Club by delivering a interesting story, practically, it came from his own experience during his business trip aboard 2 weeks ago. At first, he was misleaded in an airport and could not find the departure terminal , no signposts, even no people to ask, but he had to help himself. After many failed tries, he found a signpost with “CIP”on it, although he did not know what the exact meaning was, without other choice, he just came into the CIP room , he did not expect there was a series of high-level free services waiting for him ,although he wanted to pay , but the waitress refused, after a while, fortunately, Alhaji got on his airplane with the CIP group. later , Alhaji got those services are only for the “CIP”(commercial important person) and he was not one of them, it was just a mistake made by the clerks there. Alhaji thought he learnt a lesson, when things all look bad, inconvenience or misfortunes following one after another, don’t worry, and never give up, keep on going and keep on believing. After so many negative elements and misfortunes, a big fortune may just lie around the corner and a surprise luck may strike u before you notice, a life is a journey with amazing blessing.

The Charming hostess Shirley (it is the first time for her to be hostess of CD English Club )prepared 4 impromptu topics for us, Lillian tried the first one and it turned out that she would scream and then device if she got a opposite gender one morning. If Richard got 10 million yuan, he would like to help the poor with a very a low profile ,because wealth enable people make their dreams become true as well as bring danger. Shirley developed 4 words( Broadway, Panda, Passion, Onion)for Sue to create a sentence that need to include all these 4 words, Sue really did a good job without forgetting to propagand her hometown Sichuan. Caesar hypnotized us though his endless pendular performance after he got the mystery question about homosexual, he told us that there is a so-called “girl” in his dormitory when he was studying in university, he thought this kind of problem may be related to people’s childhood environment because his roommate had 4 elder sisters.

James never disappointed us when he was delivering a prepared speech, humorous, abundant words and phrases, knowledgable content. This time James recommended us a principle of 90/10 policy. Could we make our dream become true only through efforts, could we decide our future by ourselves? James gave us a formative response through the policy : people can control 90 percent of our own life.

Shirley prepared us 2 topics for table discussion, they were environment disasters and office relationship. Crystal presented that what her table talked swept from office relationship to love affairs in office, at last reached relationship between men and women. Freya, instead of making a presentation, shared her travel in Tebit, someone said it is the best place where you can touch the sky. Ben, a boy always show his confidence and relaxation in front of people, jumped his speech to the movie ”Transformers”, then jumped back to environment issues with a quotation of 90% policy from James speech that he believe 90% influences to environment caused by human beings, sooner or later we will pay back it to the nature if we do not care the feeling of trees, flowers, creatures, the feeling of our motherland. Bob added his opinion about office relationship that all guys in the same office with him have no purpose of any office romantic trip since there is no female colleague.

Crystal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 13:53:22 |Display all floors

excellent job, Crystal

First time? It did not seem so. She managed so well. And she is wise and prudent. Look at the topics she selected, all lead us to think and scream! (as in the case of Lillian who in an imaginary morning found herself trapped in a male body)
It was also funny to see Caesar making constant pendular movements when commenting on his classmates same-sex conducts. I really wanted to stop him and say, “hey, man, be straight!”.
Talking about the prepared speech made by James, I have noticed remarkable progress has been made. Down the road, we will see another Hudson in making.
And Freya, coming alive from the website communicating and trip to Tibet, shared her experience with us. I’ve also received pictures taken there, all fabulous.
Last but not the least, I am looking forward to Sue’s prepared speech. Speech on How to Learn English Well made by the president of a language training school should be worth much attention and high expectation.
Hey, Joyce, wake up and come back to us this coming Sunday!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 15:33:41 |Display all floors

Hello My CD Clubbers

I was sick on bed for the last week, i am so happy that i come back to myself  today. so i  just can't wait to get online and see how you guys are going on. Everything is going well,with all the warm hearted members' persistent support.

Miss you guys, see you this coming Sunday!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.