Author: changabula

Problems That China Faces [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-17 23:52:17 |Display all floors

Interesting Article about the issues

Party is killing reform, says top Chinese journal

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world ... /1184559704068.html
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 00:07:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-7-17 20:10

American Center for Educational Exchange
Jinggiang Center, Suite 2801, Box 84
Hu Jia Lou, Chao Yang District
Beijing 100020
China

or [url]http://China.usembassy.gov/fulbright_program.htm ...

Thanks for the info, but I still can't find what I want.

I want to visit or exchange during/ within my degree.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 00:09:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-7-17 23:52
Party is killing reform, says top Chinese journal

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world ... /1184559704068.html

I've read the similar article months ago... on how to balance the over-centralized power.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 00:39:29 |Display all floors

Reply #35 changabula's post

U.S. company to label health foods ‘China-Free’
Sticker’s purpose is to ease worries about contamination, business explains

Updated: 4:28 p.m. ET July 6, 2007

LOS ANGELES - It’s bound to go down the wrong way in Beijing: A U.S. health food company will label its products ”China-Free” to ease concerns about contamination.

Food for Health International, based in Orem, Utah, makes whole food nutritional supplements for people and pets, and President Frank Davis said the company will begin trumpeting the fact none of its ingredients come from China.

Plans call for a “China-Free” sticker on products such as Food for Health’s “9 a Day-Plus” capsules, “Active Adults” whole food shakes and “Healthy Dog” supplements. The company also will use “China-Free” in advertisements and promotions.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

“It is a response to the (headlines) coming out, and we are taking a position that we are not the only ones reading them,” Davis told Reuters, referring to news stories detailing contaminated products linked to Chinese manufacturing.

Food for Health’s products are made from organically grown foods processed and packaged in the United States without chemical additives, company executives said.

Consumer awareness that products from China may be tainted has greatly increased in recent months since contaminated pet food made by Canadian-based Menu Foods Income Fund and other manufacturers made its way onto U.S. retail shelves.

The food, tainted by the industrial chemical melamine from China, was sold in more than 100 brands and is being probed as the possible cause of illness and death in thousands of pets.

The scare has put a spotlight on food items and chemicals from China, ranging from fruits and vegetables to toothpaste and phone batteries, and it has heightened global scrutiny of products with ingredients from that country.

China has tried to rein in substandard food and drug makers, and just last month a government agency said it shut down 152,000 food processors in 2006 alone.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration requires seafood to be labeled showing its origin, but not meats and produce. While government officials, manufacturers and consumers are all discussing ways to better label products, no group yet appears to have come up with a “China-Free” promotion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19637875/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 00:45:52 |Display all floors

Reply #35 changabula's post

U.S. company to label health foods ‘China-Free’

LOS ANGELES - It’s bound to go down the wrong way in Beijing: A U.S. health food company will label its products ”China-Free” to ease concerns about contamination.

Food for Health International, based in Orem, Utah, makes whole food nutritional supplements for people and pets, and President Frank Davis said the company will begin trumpeting the fact none of its ingredients come from China.

Plans call for a “China-Free” sticker on products such as Food for Health’s “9 a Day-Plus” capsules, “Active Adults” whole food shakes and “Healthy Dog” supplements. The company also will use “China-Free” in advertisements and promotions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19637875/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 01:04:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-7-17 10:07
Thanks for the info, but I still can't find what I want.

I want to visit or exchange during/ within my degree.

What is your major?  If it is in the hard sciences, you should be able to get sponsored by the CCP to attend an American University - like M.I.T..  Then again, with your English skills (written at least) why not take a crack at getting a diplomatic job with the Chinese Foreign Services?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 03:17:31 |Display all floors
schreiber wrote:

Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-7-17 07:19
Lately this community has seen some whopping examples of bigotry from anti-gay rantings to warnings that Chinese women must avoid foreigners.

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... page%3D1&page=1

This is the reply from assasin:

go back to your other boards.. what you call Bigotry Chinese people call valueable classifications of National threats

as soon as they require posters to wear a pedophile tag under their name I will refrain from making any statements which might insult faggot pedopphiles

Chinese people NEED protecting from pedophiles and Faggots because their culture and nature is so passive and trusting and gentile and naive

its a faggot pedophiles playland

they dont even know who is gay and who isnt..

I'm here to popint out that even people who post quite politely are probably faggot pedophiles who have raped children in China or a willing or wanting to.

I am here to show them that your points of view and your ideas and opinions are to be read with great caution from the standpoint and realization that you are in fact a gay pedophile..

with that truth out and known,.. you are free to post all you like, and they are free to believe your posts even as far as they will

Chinese need to wise up beofre a million foreigners come to China

Gain some street smarts,

I guarantee at least a thousand child molestation cases during and following the 2008 Beijing Olympics

Anyone who would argue against helping to strengthen this country by warning of potential threats IS A GUARANTEED PEDOPHILE OR ON THE GAY AGENDA

any normal person would not get offended, and ANY MORAL FAGGOT SHOULD ALSO SUPPORT GAY PEOPLE NOT COMING TO CHINA

its like another planet.. of virgn boys.. and the rest of the world is like "Planet Pedophilia"

the little Dildos and buttplugs from Planet Pedophilia should be Prohibited from coming anywhere near the same galaxy as "planet naive virgin boys"

Chinese people should not open their heart or their homes to the Foreigners

and not trust their children to go out of the house alone, or suffer their children to talk to foreigners

good foreigners will respect this, as its how they behave with their own families in America..

We do not allow our children to be approached by strangers

we do not allow our children to talk to strangers

we dont trust any male with our kids, especially a teacher or religious leader or strange friend of the family

protect your children, lock them up, dont let them out during the olympics and tell them to be sure never to talk to strangers.. and to call on any nearby adult immediately if they are approached

people dont approach children in America, not even to ask directions..

if a man did he would be arrested for sure

being friendly in 2008 does not mean compomising your families and children

2008 is a time to let the world know how smart, and clever chinese people are

keeping children away from foreigners is the best way to show westerners that you are good family-orientd people who love and care deeply for your own families welfare and safety.

if you just let foreigners into your lives, to do as they wish and take what they want they will think Chinese people are to be used, as tools for westerners, just stupid people who will do anything and believe anything, and they will take advantage of you more,.. they will take and take and take

if you give them 1cm, they will take 1000 km  

my point is, if you are not guilty you dont care about insults

if they hold no truth for you, and you are truly on the side of the Moral Majority then you are in accordance with Moral things, and no one can say anything to hurt your feelings

if on the other hand you are guilty

you take offense, and you lash out at people telling them to stop generalizing so you too are not "seen" as guilty

no one in their right mind would take offense to anything which is for the bettering of society

the only argument on the other hand is trying to make openings and opportunities for attackers to attack

you pretend you are making society more friendly but what you are really doing, oh gay dark sith of the underworld, is molding society to give you the opportunities you want to molest children

the same reason many gay men want to adopt children/.. not so they can molest them, per say, but so they can invite the boys friends over and become a trusting friend in the family and neighborhood so they can molest their "sons" friends..

so no. I dont want you bringing your children over so you can molest your childrens friends

the sole reason gay people work so hard to be trusted is so they can do their evil purpose and design of molesting young boys

Is this some of the problems we may face?

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-7-18 03:20 AM ]
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.