Author: changabula

Problems That China Faces [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-17 01:41:04 |Display all floors

Time for a crash course in slang

Originally posted by northwest at 2007-7-16 11:23
As before, why don' you use simpler English and less 'diplomatic' phrases? I haven't have my TOEFL yet.

Trust me, the lexicon I am using is not found on the TOEFL.  You are going to find that the TOEFL and proper english classes around the world have a hard time trying to list the many, many slang phrases and local uses of words and phrases:

"Pull up by the bootstraps" - To assist a person in a quick and somewhat undignified manner
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 02:46:49 |Display all floors
I told you what to do.

Originally posted by northwest at 2007-7-17 01:23

Btw. there's another bunch of laowais making noises out of my windows again now. Damn!

Open your window and pee all over them!

That will move them.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 05:18:38 |Display all floors
The aging society is a product of the one-child policy. The government has realized this problem and is now allowing married couples who are both single children to have two kids. Still, it seems to me this is just something China is going to have to bear as the generation of 4-8 children per family gets older and turns things over to the generation of one child per family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 05:23:04 |Display all floors
The opposite of flooding.. lack of water in northern China.  That looks like a tough one.   The rich-poor gap is the real troublemaker- and what about economic slowdown?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 11:18:15 |Display all floors
we must take the environment pollution into consideration, it will become a bottle-neck to block China's development
in the near future.
God bless China !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 11:30:16 |Display all floors
As for the problem of  old aging population, now we can find that our government has already  realized this problem
and has loosen the 'one child ' policy, even encourage people with proper reason to have two children.
God bless China !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 11:45:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by qjjfly at 2007-7-17 11:30
As for the problem of  old aging population, now we can find that our government has already  realized this problem
and has loosen the 'one child ' policy, even encourage people with proper reaso ...

Never too late to fixed the fence when sheeps were lost...:)
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.