Author: changabula

Problems That China Faces [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-16 13:54:34 |Display all floors
Chinese government snaps it's fingers and things get done, it's not like the Indian government that keeps on talking about it but they never get anything done.

For flooding, they will just relocate the population which is what they are doing now but they need to build more dams to control flooding.
For the aging population, well they will learn from the European countries since they are aging much faster then China.
I think the biggest problems for China are as follows
1. male vs female ratio in the future which will create social problems
2. imported oil, oil price is just increasing every year but China needs to keep the oil price low to keep the economy growing fast but the demand is growing fast with the emerging economies.  Chinese needs to develop a alternative fuel before it's too late.
3. China has 1.3 trillion in foreign reserves, this money should be used for the rural population to develop Infrastructure so that we don't see such a big wealth gap between urban and rural populations now and the future.  (China needs to do this now while the cost of labor is low).

[ Last edited by whiteeclipse at 2007-7-16 02:41 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-16 14:19:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whiteeclipse at 2007-7-16 13:54
Chinese government snaps it's fingers and things get done, it's not like the Indian government that keeps on talking about it but they never get anything done.

For flooding, they will just reloc ...

I second that, especially your 3rd point. A goodwill suggestion.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-16 14:21:52 |Display all floors

Inceasing gap between the poor and the rich

I think another headache China has to beal with is  the increasing gap between the poor and the rich. The larger the gap, the more social problems. It is at the core of building a harmonious society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-16 17:30:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whiteeclipse at 16-7-2007 05:54

Really? Then why is there still:

Poverty
Corruption
A wealth gap
Pollution
People without access to full medical care
People without access to decent education
People without access to a pension/decent wage

etc?

Don't parrot pro-government propaganda. The Chinese government often tries its best, but then so do most governments - they still can't do everything.

One way to resolve China's problems is to loosen the paranoid control over organisations in China. What it could do with are some non-government organisations to carry out work and research that government can't. Also sometimes it's good to have people independent of the State who can say what needs to done, rather than produce a report that conveniently falls in line with current policy.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 01:05:12 |Display all floors

Check is in the mail

Originally posted by northwest at 2007-7-16 00:19
I second that, especially your 3rd point. A goodwill suggestion.

I third that - motion is carried - when do my parents-in-law see a check?

No Joke - if the politburo cannot pull up the rural and urban poor by the bootstraps with the excess cash - then why crow about it to the world?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 01:23:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-7-17 01:05
I third that - motion is carried - when do my parents-in-law see a check? ...

The politburo is not promising check or cash.

No Joke - if the politburo cannot pull up the rural and urban poor by the bootstraps with the excess cash - then why crow about it to the world?

As before, why don' you use simpler English and less 'diplomatic' phrases? I haven't have my TOEFL yet.

Btw. there's another bunch of laowais making noises out of my windows again now. Damn!
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 01:34:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 16-7-2007 17:23

Btw. there's another bunch of laowais making noises out of my windows again now. Damn!

Is it much louder than the noise made by non-laowais?
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.