Author: tmacfans

should we refuse all JAPANESE goods? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-18 19:12:39 |Display all floors

how about...

...we all just get along...i know there is a lot of bad blood between china and japan, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge and both countries are great civilizations...why not be friends?
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 20:31:28 |Display all floors
I'd rather buy Panasonic or Nikon or Canon, than samsung..

It's not possible to avoid "Japanese products"...get real

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 21:05:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmacfans at 2007-7-14 19:21
Though  Japan isn't  friendly to china,but i don't think refusing Japan goods is a good idea.

Open-mindedness is the best weapon to defeat your rivals!
Health, beauty and relaxation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-18 21:57:02 |Display all floors
No, we should not.

It's rather simplistic to view the commercial/finance world through national  boundaries.  

For example, how would you know the Chinese goods you buy do not have Japanese finance or parts involved? Likewise, how would you know a Japanese good you reject doesn't use Chinese parts or finance?  

Also, when a Japanese associated company exports to China from say Philippines do we classify its goods as half Philippines and half Japaneses?

We as consumers should buy things that have the best value for the desired quality, and I hope, have a combined conscience that demands social responsibility from cooperations as well as promotes conservation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-19 10:26:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sleepye at 2007-7-18 21:05

Open-mindedness is the best weapon to defeat your rivals!

China is now doing something as you said.

and i quite agree with you
Work hard with quality to catch up with Britain and the Unit State in 15 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-19 10:30:18 |Display all floors
If we just refuse to buy Japan good here,
How can we improve the competition of our goods out china!
Work hard with quality to catch up with Britain and the Unit State in 15 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-19 10:47:00 |Display all floors

Everyone Should Make Some Money

Let the market decide what goods to buy and sell.

BUT, that is premised on the assumption that each plays fair, which translates to honoring international treaties, like the Chemical Warfare Convention.  

If Japan does not live up to its obligations to remove, remediate, and compensate for the 2,000,000 pcs. of chemical warfare ordnance its soldiers buried all over China, there should be consequences.  

The best way to enforce it would be to quickly legislate private actions, making this a strict liability offense, and allowing all Japanese participants - mostly the huge Japanese corporations that are today making billions in China, - to be sued in Chinese courts.  Then sic the lawyers on them and collect.  

With that, we can buy some more Japanese goods.  Everyone should have a chance to make it back.  But not going after the Japs for their violation of international law would be a derelict of duty.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.