Author: voice_cd

'Wife shortage' to hit nation in 2020s [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-14 02:18:23 |Display all floors

Originally posted by voice_cd at 2007-7-7 20:29
Today's boys may face a major problem when they become tomorrow's men - they will find it very difficult to get hitched, simply because there won't be enough women.

Sociologists are calling for ...

It is a good year for the oversea single Chinese females to go back to get married.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 14:54:21 |Display all floors

Yellow Fever meets Jungle Fever?

Originally posted by voice_cd at 2007-7-7 18:29
Today's boys may face a major problem when they become tomorrow's men - they will find it very difficult to get hitched, simply because there won't be enough women.

Sociologists are calling for ...

More laowai women?
black_asian.jpg
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-16 17:14:14 |Display all floors

Reply #40 tradervic's post

Didn't work for Iran back in the 80-88 war with Iraq though did it! Didn't work for China back in Korea either, nor Vietnam during Tet in 68, so it's a proven loada BS really mate. More bullets spitting out of weapons is a great equaliser don't you think?
Nuff said, peace y'all !

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2007-7-16 05:15 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-16 21:54:40 |Display all floors

I disagree

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2007-7-16 03:14
Didn't work for Iran back in the 80-88 war with Iraq though did it! Didn't work for China back in Korea either, nor Vietnam during Tet in 68, so it's a proven loada BS really mate. More bullets spi ...

Iran/Iraq War - Results:  Iran beats back a more technically Iraq.  Iraq broke from war, invades Kuwait.

Korean War - Results:  A 50 year 'truce' is still in effect - versus a pro-U.S. Korea right on the P.R. Chinese and Russian Border

Vietnam War - Results:  Following Cronkite's editorial report during the Tet Offensive that the Vietnam War was unwinnable, President Lyndon Johnson is reported to have said, "If I've lost Walter Cronkite, I've lost Middle America." Contemporaneous NVA documentation shows that Cronkite (a college dropout with no military experience) was entirely mistaken about Tet, but his statements at the time helped lead to Lyndon Johnson's decision to drop out of the 1968 presidential race. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Cronkite#Vietnam_War)

Quantity has a quality all of its own - Lenin
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 13:08:33 |Display all floors

Reply #51 tradervic's post

supposedly lar!

What to do....no lady.....

more lao wai women lor!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 17:14:22 |Display all floors

Reply #53 tradervic's post

Right you are vic, but where, in these cases, did it win the conflict? Quality is it's own quantity.....the old saying, every coin has 2 sides!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.