Author: longzhou

DO WE REALLY CARE FOR OTHERS IN CHINA? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-11-9 15:13:39 |Display all floors

MY OBSERVATION

Chinese people CARE!!
Ya...you are right! Sometime we always hear these voices: Chinese people are ignorant; Chinese people are indifferent; Chinese people are selfish; Chinese people are money-worship so on and so force. I am not gonna deny that, however, to be honest with you, I believe that Chinese people care about others!!  In my life i know this people who would drive all the way to Tibet in order to donate as many clothes as possible simply because they know that it’s gonna be very cold in winter there, they are EMPATHY! Actually, I myself am one of them. Two weeks ago I mailed a box of clothes there (I am a senior student…did the best I can to collect and mail them.).

We need WAYS to help others! As far as I know, there are not as many NGO here in China as America! I am pretty disappointed cause I have been looking for ways to volunteer! It was just so sad…but I understand that China is still on its way to prosperity. But, still, please be generous!!! In America, there are so many millionaires who would simply donate a large amount of money to found a NGO which will only cost a small proportion of their possessions. No wonder, we always say that America, as a country is mean and cheap, as a nation (people I mean) generous and vigorous!! I

We are AFRAID of giving a hand. Rumor has it, if you want help someone falling off in the street, watch out!! Gotta be a trap! We simply are daring not to offer help!! But I have been a fool all the time and I am ok with it! Whenever I pass by a beggar in the subway I would always give him/her some money (I am not rich, but sympathy). Sometimes, I even know maybe it is a trap again?!! “What if it is real this time?” his always occur in my mind! I am willing to help!!!

Anyway, I am so want to see China as a super power play a growingly important role on the earth and what I truly wanna see is a country where everyone cares about each other and enjoy being with each other!! There is always light at the end of the tunnel!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-11 14:07:44 |Display all floors

caring for others

When I worked in China one of my Chinese colleagues told me "If you are not from my family or a friend you do not exist". I stood up on the bus for a heavily pregnant woman and a young man took the seat - I thought then my colleague was right - when a student suicided at my college I expressed my grief - my students asked why was I upset when I didn't know the student - was my friend right again? -  then a few weeks later my colleagues queued to unselfishly donate money to the victims of the Sichuan earthquake. I left China with no answer to the question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-11 14:23:34 |Display all floors
people will treat you the way you treat them

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.