Author: longzhou

DO WE REALLY CARE FOR OTHERS IN CHINA? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-8 06:26:46 |Display all floors
hard to generalize..
In some cases,for instance,I even do not know my neighbour where are they from?,but definitely ,,,they are not local citizens...
they only talked to me,do not put the trash here,put to there,
they only knocked my door,do not let the kids so noisy..(my partners kids climb the floor,they do not climb,they jump )
My partner claimed me more chinese are cold and selfish,
I asked why,
she said,
she often say some men beated women on the street,but no body go to stop him...but more watchers...

...............:)
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-9 16:15:18 |Display all floors

i do not think so

Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2007-7-8 06:26
hard to generalize..
In some cases,for instance,I even do not know my neighbour where are they from?,but definitely ,,,they are not local citizens...
they only talked to me,do not put the trash h ...

it just takes some steps

if u say hello to them,they will reward u a hello......

People in the streets do not care other issues of other families coz they think this is a offense thing to the couple who has quarrels .....

chinese like to solve problems by themselves,they do not want others to disturb them.

they just more independent .

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-11-4 09:55:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2007-7-6 15:52
I know the title of my post is going to attract many inflamable answers. I wouldn't want this post to become one more fighting ring. I was thinking in joining an NGO in China to volunteer. Never ma ...

What a Putz....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-8 02:22:13 |Display all floors
ive never participated in an ngo, nor would i ever consider it. i strongly advise others against it. i am going to make a posting about it. click on my name to see my post

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-11-8 02:58:05 |Display all floors

why are you posting in the US edition of CD....

Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-8 09:03:13 |Display all floors

less and less

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2011-11-8 13:40:45 |Display all floors
Let me share some of my experiences here with you.

I am a professional magician and I do ok for myself (not rich but not poor) and I want to give back to society using my skills.

1. I went to a hospital and offered to perform in the children ward for free during holidays to brighten a bit their stay in the hospital. I was replied that this would disturb the other patients at the hospital and they need quiet. Fair enough.

2. I then contacted an orphanage in Pudong and offered to perform for free on chinese holidays, even teach magic to the children, all for free. I was rejected because "nobody does that in China" and "learning magic is not a necessary skill".

3. I gave my blood and was asked if I wanted to help the organization in any way. I was ecstatic, I offered to perform for free at blood drives to encourage people to give their blood. I was replied "we would prefer if you'd give us money".

So, sure, I could give money, I do actually, I give some money every year to the Giant Panda center in Chengdu, I just can't give to everybody and was hoping I could help in other ways. But people seem to not want my help, they are just interested in getting money. Money sure is important but happiness is important too and I can give a lot of that.

So in the end I just have to ask myself : what's the point ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.