Author: alicehanyu

How to change Chinese people's bad manners? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-6 03:04:28 |Display all floors
well, i think the bad manners are due to as followings:
1. China has a huge population
2. A huge difference between rich and poor, people are too sensitive about  it, they always wonder why the wealth does not go to them
3. people are stressed by a lot of things: money, family, career,life....so easy to be short tempered and when they can not do anything to make change, complaning is the only thing they are able to do

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-6 12:27:07 |Display all floors
I must be blind, in the last 20 years or so of travel to and from China i haven't noticed any bad manners except people jumping a queue but queues don't really exist in Guangdong. Now you have got me worried about my manners

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-6 14:05:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by netlink8 at 2007-7-6 12:27
I must be blind, in the last 20 years or so of travel to and from China i haven't noticed any bad manners except people jumping a queue but queues don't really exist in Guangdong. Now you have got  ...

20 yrs experienced can't be wrong
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-6 20:47:19 |Display all floors

We need deep education

In my opinion,we should try our best to stop the bad behaver and pay more attention to teaching young people not to do these bad things.Maybe teaching youngth is most important.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-7 06:25:32 |Display all floors

Look at your history

China has ALWAYS been a country that was ruled by the Neauvie Rich (sp) and operated on the backs of Peasants. Marco Polo when he visited China in 1276 and spent 20 years here attested to that and all the bad manners of the peasants.

You are NOT civilized! Just because you have 1 rich person out of 100 bad mannered peasants acts OK, does not make you a civilized nation!

As for your emerging 'Middle Class' prey to god that they can imitate the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-7 13:28:23 |Display all floors
what we need is education and time, as well as economic development

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-7 13:42:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by alicehanyu at 2007-7-2 15:51
And many foreigners who come to China are also shock ...

I wonder if Chinese people (mainlanders) are aware of the negative connotation of the word "foreigner"? This is like saying you are not welcome here, you are an outsider.
In China this is worst, because it is almost exclusively related to a persons race, therefore racsim. That is because not all Chinese are yellow with black hair and not all white or other color are foreign nationals.
It comes back to the way people are educated. I almost every country of the world they would call someone who is visiting, a visitor. Not in China they are called foreigners, just like the way they used to call blacks in America niggers.
Even worst than that, I have heard of cases of Chinese being in other countries and calling the locals foreigners. That is unbelievable, then it is certainly to do with the race of the other people and thus racism.
As a Hong Kong person I would say that this is high on the list of complaints that I have heard from visible minorities (so called foreigners) who often travel to China.
Don't throw in toilet.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.