Views: 4390|Replies: 11

hao jiu bu jian [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-8 19:57:59 |Display all floors
I don't suppose anyone will remember but I used to post ages ago.  Must be a couple of years now.  It took me about half that time to remember my password.  I stopped reading this forum because it's just too addictive.  Makes you pull your hair out at times.  And then use it to strangle the cat.   But it's a must-read, must-reply kind of place and I had to ween myself off the place for the sake of my sanity.  Just looking at the first page topics I'm regretting returning already.

Anyway, I'm basically looking for people in Xiamen.  I'm considering moving there in a couple of months, and it would be nice to be able to correspond with a Xiamen native before I take the plunge.  This is the only place I can think to try.  Not even sure if this is the right forum.

I'm also curious as to why I haven't been able to access asiafriendfinder for the last few weeks.  That's mainly what led me to this place.  Has it been struck by the great firewall?

Cheers,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 20:05:50 |Display all floors
well, sorry, I really don't know who are you, what's more, I'm not Xiamen native.
We love our home,though our feet can leave it,yet our hearts can't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 20:26:24 |Display all floors
Xiamen is a great place to spend money... not a place to make money... It has the best Golf courses...I know people fly from Japan to play golf in Xiamen on weekends..

good luck.. and i am way too new to "remember" you haha. but welcome back.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 20:43:12 |Display all floors
Thanks stolen.  I've just discovered a great website about Xiamen, and it certainly looks appealing.  I hope this new chemical construction plant doesn't go ahead.  My main reason for going is to escape the pollution, noise and general claustrophic nature of central china.  I do love China but there's only so much I can take after four years in Shaanxi and Henan.   I hear Xiamen is the second most liveable city in China.  I can believe that from what I've seen and read about the place.  I'm rubbish at Golf but I wouldn't be averse to playing a few rounds.  I'd be going there to study, and working in my spare time (online stuff) so shouldn't have too time to spend money.  I'm getting boring in my old age anyway.  I'm 27 but look about 17 and feel about 37.  I'm tired of the boom boom bars.  I need a healthy dose of  fresh air, exercise and seafood.  How are the beaches?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 20:47:31 |Display all floors
Gee the way you talk... I thought you were planning to move there for retirement.... I AM SOOOOO SORRY.. 27.. well i'm sorry you feel old already when your childhood isn't over yet... LOL...you look 17, that's good.. and bad..

[ Last edited by o_ostolen at 2007-6-8 09:07 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 20:56:27 |Display all floors
lived in Xiamen for 7years,I can tell,if  you are really looking for a place full of fresh air,exercise,and seafood,
then go go go .....go to Xiamen。
people are friendly,don't even mention about the beach,its lovely.
you can rent a fishing boat take you to some small islands,swiming ,sun bathing.....
thats a heaven in the earth.
I had my best 7 years of my life in Xiamen,planning to go back on summer,I miss play wind surfing and
walking by beach in the early morning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 21:02:22 |Display all floors
lived in Xiamen for 7 years,I can tell,if you are looking for a place is full of fresh air,exercise,seafood,
then go go go...go to Xiamen!
people are friendly,dont even mention about the beach...its lovely!
you can hire a fishing boat take you to some small islands,swimming,sun bathing......
its a heaven in the earth.
I had best 7 years of  my life in Xiamen,would like to go back on this summer,I miss play wind surfing,
walk by beach in early morning.

[ Last edited by kongpaocheez at 2007-6-8 09:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.