Author: holly666

holly's diary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-7 08:48:44 |Display all floors
thanks!
I'm here to help whenever you need me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 10:24:19 |Display all floors
Thursday, June 7, 2007 Sunny
Just now I met traffic jam on my way to my office. I was wondering why there were so many cars and people when I saw the Chinese characters "高考" on the window of a car. Oh, I understood at once. Today is June 7, the first day of the three-day university-entrance examination. It reminds me of my examination. It seemed as if it took place yesterday.

I still remember the day before the examination we students were asked to have an urgent meeting. At that time it's said there was an earthquake in our area. So the chairman told us to prepare to move to the old temple to take the examination if the earthquake happened because the temple had existed for 500 years. At the same time in case I might got hurt, my parents let me sleep in their colleague's wooden house. Because of the examination itself, the earthquake and the new bed to sleep in, that night I hardly slept. The next day I didn't know how I finished the test paper.

Another deep impression is that then though everybody knew the importance of the examination, people still did what they should do. Not like today, parents even grandparents are all present at the place where the students take the exam. Besides, we were all poor those days. We didn't have much to eat but the students needed nutrition. My parents did what they could to help me. They particularly gave me an egg every morning before the exam. Even my grandma didn't have one. That's my only nutrition. Now eggs are so ordinary that many people don't like eating it.

Thank goodness, I passed the examination. I was the only student of liberal art of our school who passed the examination.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 09:58:07 |Display all floors
Friday, June 8, 2007 Sunny, hot
I don't know why recently I always come across something funny.

In January, I bought a printer HP2368 for working. Before I bought it, my colleague told me it's cheaper to print in the shop outside, but I thought it's convenient to have one and I could print whenever I wanted. So I went to Hailong Electical City. I was offered a laser printer which was expensive. Because I didn't print much, I wanted to buy one which was cheap. I chose HP2368 which was 300 yuan including the fee of a bottle of ink. I learned that the ink box of HP was one-off prouducts which costs more than 100 yuan and must be changed after printing 150 times. I thought it's not convenient and expensive. But the salesgirl convinced me that I could add ink to it instead of changing the box. Moreover the ink was very cheap. So I bought the printer.

After printing about twenty times, it had no ink. I inquired the salesgirl, she told me how to add the ink. I did as she said. It worked well. Last week, it couldn't print again. I added ink, but it still did not work. I asked the salesgirl for help. She told me to take it to her shop for checking. I thought it troublesome and didn't do so. Then I dialed 800-810-3888 of HP to inquire the serviceman. He told me to do as he said on the line. Then he said the box was out of date and I had to change it. I told him what the salesgirl told me when I bought the printer. He emphasized that their ink box was one-off and ink could not be added to. I felt I was cheated.  I decided to go to the shop to quarrel today. Yesterday evening before I took the box out of the printer, I tried printing again. To my surprise, it worked. I got what I printed. How happy I was I need not go to quarrel with the salesgirl!

However I'm still puzzled. Am I cheated or not? Is it funny?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-9 21:18:36 |Display all floors
Saturday, June 09, 2007, Sunny
I like China Daily BBS so much that I always log in as soon as I turn on the computer and I always forget to logout. Then the second day when I turn on my computer I always find I’m still in. I feel very happy that I don’t need to log in again, so I continue to write my diary. However one day I was punished because of my laziness. After finishing the diary, I ticked “post”, but I was asked to log in instead of being forwarded to the right place. I had to log in and write my diary again. That annoyed me so much that now I make sure to log in before writing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-10 17:55:28 |Display all floors
Sunday, June 10, 2007, Sunny
Yesterday afternoon I was eating noodles in a restaurant in our community when a young foreigner came to buy noodles. We said hello to each other and had a pleasant talk in Chinese. He told me he came here from Australia two weeks ago. He studied Chinese in university for two years. He just found a job here to teach English. He would like to learn more Chinese while working. Compared to him, I feel shy. He has just studied Chinese for two years and can speak that fluently while I have studied English for so many years and can’t express myself well in English. I feel doubt if it’s my fault or there is something wrong with our education.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-11 10:42:18 |Display all floors
Monday, June 11, 2007 Hot
With the rumble of the train and the brays of the cars, I woke up. Another busy day began. Grabbing a bite, I hurried out to my office. On the road out of community, cars and trucks were crowded. We who rode had to crowd the passersby off the sidewalk. Everybody wanted to go first. No one behaved like a gentleman. So at the crossroad no one could move even a bit. A terrible traffic jam again. I pushed my bicycle around and managed to pass. I felt everybody hurried to death. I'm looking forward to another weekend.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-11 10:55:22 |Display all floors
Monday, June 11, 2007 Hot
With the rumble of the train and the brays of the cars, I woke up. Another busy day began. Grabbing a bite, I hurried out to my office. On the road out of community, cars and trucks were crowded. We who rode had to crowd the passersby off the sidewalk. Everybody wanted to go first. No one behaved like a gentleman to give way to others. So the crossroad was jammed full and no one could move even a bit. A terrible traffic jam again. I pushed my bicycle away and managed to pass. It made me feel everybody hurry to death.

I'm looking forward to another weekend.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.