Views: 4437|Replies: 6

Topics for Colorful Domain English Club(BJ) June 3 gathering [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-30 10:58:06 |Display all floors
***********************************************************************************
                                   Colorful Domain English Club (Beijing)     

email:cdclub_bj@yahoo.com.cn
                                                       Since May 30, 2004   

***********************************************************************************

Time: 10.30am-12.30pm, June 3, 2007
Venue: Byone Western Restaurant 百万庄园西餐店(朝外联合大厦店)
(It'd be highly appreciated if you could get there by 10:20 a.m.)

How to get there:Take Loop Line of the Subway, get off at Chaoyangmen Station, and take Exit A, walk around the Ministry of Foreign Affairs clockwise. The restaurant is right opposite MOFA's southeastern entrance.  

Host & Impromptu Speech Host: Joyce
Prepared Speaker: Bob

TOPIC 1:Let’s talk movies

Are you a fan of classical movies?  What is your favorite one? “Sound of Music”, or “Gone with the Wind”, or “What a wonderful life”? Let’s share our classical favorite movie, and tell what made you impress most about the movie? What did you learn from that movie?

TOPIC 2: Summer Time in BJ

Summer is just around the corner in BJ. How to have a happy and cool summer over here? Let’s share the tips. Any good places to hang out, nice light restaurants good for summer appetite, instead of just staying home with air-condition, can we actually enjoy the summer with wise choices? Come on together and talk things out.

[ Last edited by joycezou at 2007-5-31 09:11 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 12:38:43 |Display all floors

to Joyce

Great, Joyce!

You're a girl of great initiative and potentials. Hope our members get involved in the Club development, surely, you'll benefit a lot from it.

Hudson

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 14:56:28 |Display all floors

Thank you Hudson

Your personality and encouragement will motivate me to keep going on and on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-31 10:35:53 |Display all floors
You're the master of your fate, and you're the captain of your soul.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-1 09:31:57 |Display all floors
Joyce Dear,

What is the Chinese name for 'What's a Wonderful Life'?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-1 15:48:03 |Display all floors

Thank u, Joyce for your contributions

And thank you, Amber for sending Children's Day greetings to me.  I burst into laughter to overhear the conversation between the petty house Lizard and the motherly Crocodile.  Do share more stuff like this with us at our Sunday meetings.
More times than not, business is elusive, just like the Children's ever changing face. The latest bad news is that I have to postpone the business trip to Xi'an until Wednesday; and the GOOD news is that I am able to join you all this Sunday.
Be there, be square.
Cheers
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-1 23:26:58 |Display all floors
elliewang,the movie i mean actually is "It's a wonderful life",sorry for making the mistake of the movie's name.and the chinese name is 《美好人生》,you can check the movie out via the link :http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038650/

It's such a good news that Alhaji is gonna join us this coming Sunday!

[ Last edited by joycezou at 2007-6-3 08:38 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.