Views: 3280|Replies: 5

How to learn gramma well [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-30 09:40:55 |Display all floors
This is quite an old and borng topic. As we all know, being a good translator must know all the grammas. Let's exchange our views here and hope you could spend 1 minutes to tell us your own experiences of gramma. Is gramma difficult? What is the most efficient way to master gramma in not a long time?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 10:13:54 |Display all floors

grammaR

Grandma was never taught grammar but spoke Chinese with perfect grammar.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 10:23:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tumujerome at 2007-5-30 10:13

太幽默了!而且把道理讲了出来!

[ Last edited by copchen at 2007-5-30 10:39 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 16:41:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertking at 2007-5-30 09:40
This is quite an old and borng topic. As we all know, being a good translator must know all the grammas. Let's exchange our views here and hope you could spend 1 minutes to tell us your own experiences of gramma. Is gramma difficult? What is the most efficient way to master gramma in not a long time?

Gramma says, "Lissen up, sonny, ya ain' learnin' gramma none; at my age, gramma jes' might could learn y'all some."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 21:26:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tumujerome at 2007-5-30 10:13

I'm afraid I can't give my approval to this. Anyhow learning a second language is somewhat different from learning mother tongue. And I wonder
if Grandma can speak perfect English without learning some basic grammatical rules. I'm not saying
grammar should be looked up  as something, but I dislike the bias that it is nothing. For many times such partial opinion is just a poor
excuse  for giving it up or a placebo for the pain of learning it.

As far as I'm concerned,  in learing grammar, thinking and trying to understand is no less important than simple memorizing.  And there are
always odds and ends among all those rules, but we should always remember to place them into the right place of the whole
picture( the structure of English as a whole)..

[ Last edited by crosstalker at 2007-5-30 09:30 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-31 21:14:40 |Display all floors

Any other ideas?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.