Views: 2474|Replies: 4

请教一句话的结构 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-30 09:13:35 |Display all floors
eg.Ultrosonic waves are introduced into small tanks of liquid into which objects, such as jewelry,surgical in-struments,or small machinery,are placed for cleaning.
超声波应用于少量的液体中使之进入像珠宝,手术器械或小机器这种物件中达到清洗的目的。what does "which" stand for? And what does the phrase "are placed for" mean?Help me,thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 09:20:06 |Display all floors

这是个定语从句

wich是对前面的liquid做修饰并且做限定说明,are placed是表示被放置或安置,for表目的为了清洁。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 09:39:19 |Display all floors

i still can't understand it.

eg.i find my bag in which i put my important ring.then it indicates "i put my important ring in the bag"
eg.Ultrosonic waves are introduced into small tanks of liquid into which objects are placed for cleaning.
well, i don't think this sentence could be explained this way "objects are placed for cleaning into liquid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-30 09:47:14 |Display all floors

其实这些就是从句,一般我们阅读经常由于从句关系太复杂而不理解一些句子

建议你看一下与所有从句相关的语法知识,比如定于从句,状语从句,宾语从句等等。这样应该会好理解很多。Good luck to you!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-5-30 10:40:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by orlando at 2007-5-29 08:39 PM
well, i don't think this sentence could be explained this way "objects are placed for cleaning into liquid.

这样理解:objects are placed into the liquid for cleaning

全句:
Ultrosonic waves are introduced into small tanks of liquid
objects ...... are placed into [which = this liquid, or the small tanks of liquid] for cleaning.
such as jewelry,surgical in-struments,or small machinery -- this are examples of "objects".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.