Author: aloe222

help!"我的一天"该如何翻译? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-17 16:27:44 |Display all floors
jl2315 makes a good point here. Actually, taken literally at least, the translation can be a very far cry from the Chinese "wo de yi tian", depending on the subject matter, of course. "My one day "is terrible wrong, it makes no sense. "One day of mine" is award and funny, and we cannot figure out what's cooking in the article with a title like that. "A day in my life" sounds better, at least grammatically so.But wait a minute, it's incorrect translation to say the very least, because in an article titled "A Day in My Life", one would expect to read something really important. So important that it might have changed the life of the author, so the day is sort of like a milestone in his/her life. The day as in the Chinese "wo de yi tian", however, can be just another ordinary day, perhaps with a few activities, but really with nothing in particular, extraordinary...
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 16:45:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by aloe222 at 2007-5-17 15:43
感谢大家!不过此题出在一份小学六年级的试卷当中。而老师给上面那个学生“my one day”判对了,我觉得很不可思议,故拿来请教大家。当然如撇去小学生应试教育的背景来看,3楼的建议很是高明。

There are good teachers and there are bad teachers.... it is sad that the latter seems to out number the former by far.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 16:53:16 |Display all floors

fyi:-)

How about : my daily life.
I know it sounds as dull as  daily life itself.

[ Last edited by hly1234 at 2007-5-17 04:54 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 17:04:45 |Display all floors
one ordinary day
不好意思,见笑了。这样可以吗?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-5-17 20:54:25 |Display all floors
Un bel di, mama mia!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 22:37:35 |Display all floors

Reply #8 househusband's post

thank you very much for your wise comments,and which  translation do you think is  the most appropiate ,please?
ps:my English is very poor,I'm sorry as there maybe some wrong in my words.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 23:30:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jl2315 at 2007-5-17 20:54
Un bel di, mama mia!

What's this...?It seems not English Spanish?Or French?
Follow your own course, and let people talk.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.