Author: voice_cd

Is China unfairly looked on by Western eyes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-9 22:18:12 |Display all floors

Proof of Theory in Action

Originally posted by changabula at 2007-5-9 08:02
Haven't you anything better to do with your life than to keep spouting the same crud over and over again?
You are a SAD person!

<Arched Eyebrow> Ad homimen?  <Sigh> Que sera. Sera.  Proof of Theory in Action... <shrug>

TraderVic
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-10 06:18:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-5-9 22:18

<Arched Eyebrow> Ad homimen?  <Sigh> Que sera. Sera.  Proof of Theory in Action... <shrug>

TraderVic

That is so NOT funny.

Its juvenile and might impress a dumb teenager.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-10 08:48:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by voice_cd at 9-5-2007 01:20
many Westerners believe in the "China threat" theory because of their rooted prejudice and misunderstanding of China and its people.The way foreign countries deal with Chinese people is p ...

Misunderstanding from different culture you get prejudice.
Misunderstanding from different appearance you get racism.
Misunderstanding from different governing ideology you get politics.
Misunderstanding from misinterpreted facts you get hatred.

Add those to human ignorance!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-10 10:22:59 |Display all floors

-

I have been associating with Chinese people, culture and other aspects of the existance of China for about 5 years now. What I do know, is that I do not know much about such a complex land such as China yet, in my small community I would be considered an expert on the subject of China.
   That reflects the extent of knowledge people here have about China and that is little to none. In the cities, it  is not much different.
    WHY?
   I can only speak for what I know to be true. Life here is not much different from life in any other country. People are occupied with the daily process of work, family, trying to cope and the mundane stresses that become the focal point of people's daily life. The only news people hear is from the liberal one sided and often agenda driven media. This is a big world we live in and in general, people will seek out news and information that affects their daily life, family and their circle of friends. As an example, the people around me know more about Islamic Jihad than they know about China. The reason is simple. That is what they find in the news paper, radio and television.
   I spend at least an hour reading Chinese news and a little more reading Asian news. Most people around me will not take the time to search out the specific subject of Chinese news. More likely, they will (if at all) seek out news from western countries and often those countries of their own heritage. An example of this would be an Irish heritage family would tend to take notice of Irish issues. The same for French, English, Spanish, Greek, Italian and all the other countries of the world that make up the American population. Americans are a blend of every country in the world and even the Chinese people here read less news about China than I do. Life is complex where ever you go.

I really doubt that prejudice, racism, politics, hate and all the other seemingly pointed issues fall into place on this subject. Few people will take the time to search out the facts when they hear something about China on the news. They simply don't have the time and must trust the media to inform them truthfully with the true facts and not editorialize the information given to the public.

Most of the men I associate with work a 10 to 12 hour day. No time to research and focus in on world issues.
   Most of the people I know have families who require significant time to serve the family needs. More so if there are school age children involved in activities with the school.

I have lived in other western countries as well as Asia and the fact is, no one really has the time to address specific issues about East, West or any other location. The common people in Asia only know what they learn from the media just as any other average citizen in any other country. So in reality, it is not so different.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-10 10:54:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-5-9 20:49

Because the world acts and expects America to do all the "wet work" for them.

But let us steer this thread back on track.  China needs to lose the "Small Man Syndrome" if ...

Originally posted by changabula at 2007-5-9 21:49

Tell them all to go to hell, Madame Zhang!

These village idiots will always be critical of China and anything it does!
They are just plain jealous of how China is progressing.
They see i ...

I agree with both of your views  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-10 11:00:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2007-5-9 09:24
Is China unfairly looked on by Western eyes?
By Li Qian  (chinadaily.com.cn)

The Chinese ambassador to Belgium wants young Chinese people to promote the nation's peaceful role in the world.

This is True in the media too..........

Do you think it is TIME???

Having read TIME magazines there are always topics

WHY CHINA THIS

OR CHINA THAT

even to the ground of internal affairs meddling by say Hannah Beech!!!

Is it TIME for TIME to have chinese editors on board???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-10 11:17:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by obbyto at 2007-5-10 08:48

Misunderstanding from different culture you get prejudice.
Misunderstanding from different appearance you get racism.
Misunderstanding from different governing ideology you get politics.
Mis ...

Tell them you work for say SIEMENS & the Immigration/Customs will let you thru...........even better if you have European colleagues travelling with you!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.