Author: whiteeclipse

87,345 Chinese became U.S. citizens in 2006 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-11 13:53:15 |Display all floors
The reason Chinese people don't want t go to Canada is that their mentality has changed.  Before it was, "Oh My God, Let me escape this country before I get shot by a Red Guard."  Now, it is more practical, " I want to go to a place with lots of opportunity, canada is not exactly competitive. in this respect.
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 16:51:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-5-3 19:04
Are those Chinese migrants to the US fully appraised of all the dreadful things about the USA which are detailed daily here in the CD forum?
Maybe Mengzhi, Chunderbags, Northwest, Jetsam and US resident Tongluren should warn them off, or maybe it's precisely what these clowns say which make would-be migrants more interested in going to the USA!  ...

Your statement full of 'are those?', 'maybe'? Self mumbling, guessing and answers.

These are you can do other than cursing and swearing?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-21 12:13:47 |Display all floors

Reply #1 whiteeclipse's post

Did you include Chinese descent people from Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Phillipines, Vietnam or is it only chinese people from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong is designated as Chinese?

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master
King

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 20:34:29 |Display all floors
Or many of them had been there tens of years eventually became US citizens by 2006, sounds like it has nothing to do with "Chinese immigration is increasing " in2006. Right?
Working with us, you work with a part of China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 21:34:01 |Display all floors

Depends...

Originally posted by chinahand at 2007-6-7 06:34
Or many of them had been there tens of years eventually became US citizens by 2006, sounds like it has nothing to do with "Chinese immigration is increasing " in2006. Right?

If we are able to look up the number of Chinese H-1B, Marriage, and other visa holders - then a more accurate number for immigration from China could be measured.

TraderVic
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-11 03:12:02 |Display all floors
How many foreigners are becoming naturalized Chinese citizens every year?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-11 03:44:35 |Display all floors

Working Chances speak, I think...

Originally posted by whiteeclipse at 2007-5-1 22:10
Chinese immigration is increasing to America but I remember reading it's dropping to Canada, anyone know why?

I have a counterpart, who is a Kenyan-turned Canadian, working in Africa and supporting his whole family in Canada.  The family has immigrated to Canada for long, but he has to come back to work in Africa.

If he can get a job (he is an excellent and experienced engineer) in Canada with the same salary as he can earn in Africa, he would have stayed in Canada with his family.  Who the hell wants to work in African bushes, facing the threatening of malaria while missing the family?

Employment chances speak.

[ Last edited by afri_simba at 2007-6-10 10:59 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.