Author: whiteeclipse

India court wants Gere locked up over kiss [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-29 13:54:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dannycool at 2007-4-28 18:24
whiteeclipse how much do you get paid for all the India bashing.

If I didn't start this thread then another person would have.

I don't dislike India.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-29 14:12:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whiteeclipse at 2007-4-29 13:54

If I didn't start this thread then another person would have.

I don't dislike India.

Why dont you discuss problems in your home country i.e. Russia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-29 14:13:09 |Display all floors
If Richard had done this in a Muslim country, he would not have been alive today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-29 14:20:32 |Display all floors

He would have no problem

Originally posted by dannycool at 2007-4-29 14:13
If Richard had done this in a Muslim country, he would not have been alive today.

If he had done that in Malaysia, Turkey, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc

He would have been given an embarrassed and disapproving look, and later told not to do it again

no one will kill him

In Saudi Arabia or Iran he would be in big trouble but in those countries they would have sat the women separately from the men

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-29 17:21:45 |Display all floors

wake up pandamonium

Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-4-29 14:20

If he had done that in Malaysia, Turkey, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc

He would have been given an embarrassed and disapproving look, and later told not to do it again

no one will  ...

http://www.rewaj.com/entertainme ... php?cc=4&id=602

It ended with a kiss: Meera is leaving Pakistan

One of Pakistan's biggest movie actresses is risking the ultimate in south Asian controversy - by moving to India. To Pakistani dismay, Meera has announced that she is relocating to Bombay to further her career. But Meera is already a controversial figure in Pakistan, as well known for a notorious kissing scene as for her acting talents. Earlier this year, Meera said she had received death threats and demanded government protection after a scene in her debut film across the border in India, in which she kisses the actor Ashmit Patel. Kissing in public is not considered acceptable in conservative Islamic Pakistan.

But this time Meera has gone further, by announcing she intends to move to the far more liberal Bombay. Some in India hailed her move as evidence of the thaw in relations between India and Pakistan - it would not have been possible a few years ago - but it will not be seen that way in Pakistan. Ordinary Pakistanis have not reacted well to scenes of some of their biggest stars living the high life in India's entertainment capital. The cricketer Shoaib Akhtar in particular has attracted opprobrium for spending much time in Bombay.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 01:33:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dannycool at 2007-4-29 14:12

Why dont you discuss problems in your home country i.e. Russia.

It's true, Russia also has big problems.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 06:28:00 |Display all floors

Double standards

This whole frenzy is driven by right wing political party who is now turning blind eye to recent case in which one of their own MP tried to smuggle one women and a child to a Canada but was caught at New Delhi Airport by immigration officials. They discovered 35 passport were discovered at his house and another MP was abscoding who was allegely involved in the same passport racket.

One of the right wing protested for his conduct. But they leave no stones unturned just to creat choas just for peck on the cheek. That is what people in film industry.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.