Author: changabula

Do You Have An Open Mind? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-30 16:00:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 19:28:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2007-4-30 16:00
If we close our minds to all ideas that we don't feel comfortable with we will not learn anything new.

So I do consider alternative views sometimes even though they may sound idiotic. :-)

By all means, open your mind wide, but keep it screened to filter the information out, which is to say, don't accept it without question.

It's important to listen and learn from others, but never let someone else manipulate your mind, especially if they've already played havoc with their own.

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-4-30 07:29 PM ]
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 19:32:59 |Display all floors
^^^ I agree with Changabula.
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 15:28:48 |Display all floors
Truly open-minded person will not claim to be open-minded enough.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 18:34:05 |Display all floors
my mind is closed that it should be open.
sometimes it's also worthwhile for it to be open that it should be closed.

[ Last edited by markwu at 2007-5-1 07:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 14:07:52 |Display all floors
In my view, we Chinese, especially the ones growing up thru revolutions have the capacity to be more open minded  Revolution is like house-cleaning,  not only it turned the society upside down, also wiped out the old, conservative, and superstitions.  And after the Culture Revolution, it even got rid of any fantasy left over from the utopia idea of communism dream. We have literately become a piece of blank paper willing to accept any new ideas and concepts of reasons.   We have, whole-heartedly, accepted the equal rights between men and women, rich and poor, educated and non-educated, no matter our thousand years of tradition.  For us, we have no problem understanding and accepting the logic of Darwin’s theory of evolution while the US populace is still arguing what to teach at school over the original of universe, whether it’s creation or evolution.   In a way, it’s like the period of Renaissance of Europe, enabled us to think, to build new ideas over the old, to reinvest our creativeness, to advance in economics, science and technology.   

But there is one catch, that’s our Chineseness, uniquely only belongs to us.   To many of us, that Chinesness has become a sacred religion, to be respected and protected.  That Chineseness does not equal to nationalism, nor racism as others claimed.  It is inherited in our spirit.  .   

That’s what I have seen on this forum …   :)

[ Last edited by thetruthbut at 2007-5-4 02:11 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.