Views: 6581|Replies: 12

Topics for Colorful Domain Eng. Club(BJ) Apr.22 Gathering [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-17 22:39:25 |Display all floors
Topics for CD English Club(BJ) Gathering on April 22, 2007

***********************************************************************************
                                   Colorful Domain English Club (Beijing)     

email:cdclub_bj@yahoo.com.cn
                                                       Since May 30, 2004   

***********************************************************************************

Time: 10.30am-12.30pm, April 22, 2007
Venue: Byone Western Restaurant 百万庄园西餐店(朝外联合大厦店)
(It'd be highly appreciated if you could get there by 10:20 a.m.)

How to get there:Take Loop Line of the Subway, get off at Chaoyangmen Station, and take Exit A, walk around the Ministry of Foreign Affairs clockwise. The restaurant is right opposite MOFA's southeastern entrance.  

Host & Impromptu Speech Host: Hudson
Prepared speaker: Crystal
Meeting report writer: to be confirmed

TOPIC A: School=Sanctuary of Safety and Learning

On the morning of April 16, 2007, a resident student opened fire in a Virginia Tech dorm and then, two hours later, shot up a classroom across campus, killing 32 people before he turned the gun at himself. The whole world was shocked at the deadliest campus rampage in US history.
We have the tightest gun control in the world, so tragedies similar to what took place at Virginia Tech are quite unlikely in China. However, as a result of violence movies and video games prevalent among schooling teenagers, violence incidents, in various forms, multiply, as some researches discover.
Do you think currently and in the future we can foresee we can keep our schools sanctuaries of safety and learning? Why? If not, what should we do?

TOPIC B: Tickets for Olympics go on sale

More than seven million tickets have been on sale for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, as announced by the Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad (BOCOG). About 75% of the tickets will be sold domestically and the rest will be available to the overseas public.

Will you buy tickets and watch your favorite events at the site then? What are your most favorite Olympic events?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 10:23:37 |Display all floors
Hudson, you are following so tight with what's going on on this planet!

Great topics!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 10:25:41 |Display all floors
And there's one more thing: don't forget to paste the topics on our club's website, and the report as well.
Kindly reminder :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 12:46:48 |Display all floors

Prompt and hot topics

We are so proud of you Hudson!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 11:37:40 |Display all floors

to Joyce & Amber

Thanks, both you girls.

As a matter of fact, I could've failed to suppress my anger with the irresponsible and prejudgemental media, such as Sohu. Finally, I gave up my mind to do it for various reasons.

32 victims died in the deadliest school rampage in Virginia the day before yesterday, and 30 steel workers lost their lives in an accident Tieling, Liaoning Province yesterday, and a Japanese mayor was assassinated, most probably, by the local mafia. Life is so vulnerable! So let cherish what we've got now.

By the way, thanks, Amber, I've done as you instructed.

Hudson

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 11:39:49 |Display all floors

Up

Care about what is going on around us, and know what has happened in the other parts of the world. Topic one is easy to discuss with. I like it. The problem is there always.

Passy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-20 08:33:06 |Display all floors

up!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.