Author: yungchieh

Photos: Another occurence of Italian Racism against Chinese people [Copy link] 中文

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2007-4-14 05:56:14 |Display all floors

Sockmonkey

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-14 06:09:21 |Display all floors
Well, let's look at it hypothetically. I don't know why the situation started, and neither do you.

If the woman had just grabbed someone's wallet, and the police saw it but no one else did, is it racially motivated? She committed a crime, so they were just doing their job.

If the police thought they saw her grab someone's wallet, but in fact she hadn't, then they jumped the gun, but it probably wasn't racially motivated. That happens everywhere. It's the police's job to be a little, um, on edge.

If the police had heard someone's wallet had been stolen and they decided to take it out on this woman, then it was most likely racially motivated, and in that case, that's terrible.

But, you see, not everything is black and white.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-14 06:12:37 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-14 06:15:37 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-14 06:17:26 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-14 06:22:24 |Display all floors
Oh chill out, chairman. I'm not saying that was the case; I'm suggesting hypotheticals to demonstrate to you that the world is more than black and white. Anyway, those photos aren't of the woman; they're of the riots. I don't know about those; I don't have an opinion yet.

As for it being an insult for me to suggest that a Chinese person could steal something, you must be blind. Petty theft is the #1 crime foreigners have to watch out for in China. I'd never had anything stolen until someone in a grocery store in Beijing nabbed my cell phone out of my pocket.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-14 06:27:13 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.