Author: voice_cd

global warming [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-29 01:35:45 |Display all floors
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-29 04:59:15 |Display all floors

China balks at emissions caps

China's first plan to confront climate change cites growth as its top priority.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0605/p01s04-woap.html
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-29 09:19:47 |Display all floors

Couch potatoes.

To simplify the effect of green house gas and global warming ( with CO2 emissions ) let me provide this analogy. :

A man who has been indulging in fast foods, chocolates, cream bums and fries every day for the past ten years. He does no exercise and therefore he is now the couch potato   ! Here we see the accumulated effect of his poor and bad diet . He has a BMI of 33 and he is heading for a stroke or heart attack or both. Sad sack that .

Now his neighbour has not been able to indulge in any of  these naughty things because he is poor and could not afford the fat diet. He is also conscious of his health : he exercises and he is the sleek , slim and sexy self .

The fat rotund and debauched persons are the western industrialized nations who have been polluting for 200 years. What they spewed out from the start are still here.

China and India have been the " starved " neighbours ; cycling and walking until the past 10 years. They are not the " fat slobs ".

I will leave the treatment measures to your imagination. The obese one needs more effort ,will power and application to sort things out than his neighbours , don't you think ? Or is it too complicated a concept to grasp.

The only flaw to my analogy is that with global warming , these two fellas are joined at the hips, one feeds his face , the other gets fat too. This is the pity and this is the reason why ALL nations need to pull their weight , especially the obese couch potatoes .  

[ Last edited by mengzhi at 2007-6-29 09:22 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-29 12:24:29 |Display all floors

-

I heard today that since a lot of the global warming predictions did not happen that the next crisis will be "Global Nothing Happening"...........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.