Author: middlekingdo

Racism against Chinese People; Selective Media [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-28 21:13:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-3-28 22:21
This is true, a white Australian Taliban will fry the news hotter than 100.000 stolen aborigines.

I thought it was 10 million stolen Aborigines, nah, make it 100 million. Sounds much better.

Originally posted by northwest at 2007-3-28 22:42
Western media bias? Hmm... how about bombing non-western media?!

The "Western Media" to which you refer, was publishing allegations about a potential attack on Al Jazeera. By doing so they are exposing allegations of a plan to shut down non-western media.

So this "media bias" you claim to see is actually acting against western interests and making allegations about a western government official planning to destroy non-western media!

If the western media was biased, as you allege, then wouldn't they be trying to hush up this plan, rather than exposing it?

You really are thick as two short planks, NW.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 21:29:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 21:38:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-3-28 21:13
I thought it was 10 million stolen Aborigines, nah, make it 100 million. Sounds much better. ...

You're funny, before the news came out, I think it's zero... oh, should be... can't say.

The "Western Media" to which you refer, was publishing allegations about a potential attack on Al Jazeera. By doing so they are exposing allegations of a plan to shut down non-western media.

Ohh? just how the 'western media' reported how 3 Al Jazeera staff shoot by US soldiers, since 'western' media already reported it. So it's okay, because they already exercise their 'press freedom'? Another disgusting 'so what mentality'. You reaction will be different if the reporter bombed is a white Australian.

So this "media bias" you claim to see is actually acting against western interests and making allegations about a western government official planning to destroy non-western media!

Ohh? You condemn and preach about China's in every possible occassion, What will you do now? Condemn Bush? Naaahhh...
He's one of your kind anyway, you're just a deputy of him.

If the western media was biased, as you allege, then wouldn't they be trying to hush up this plan, rather than exposing it?

Ohh? I don't talk specifically about media bias, I talk about intimidation toward non-western media. What will you do about it? It's already reported and you know it. Will you condemn and preach about human rights, freedom, bullsh*t etc etc to the bombers? Naahhh

You really are thick as two short planks, NW.

You are losing, emucc, with so much hypocrisy exposed, still you shamelessly condemn and preaching... but this is your habit, right?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 21:40:14 |Display all floors
Governments have the right to be as thorough as they believe necessary when vetting visa applicants; visas are a privelage and not a right, after all. It's quite simple: if an applicant doesn't want to go through the hassle, they have the simple option of staying at home.

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-28 21:40:44 |Display all floors

RE: Master Racist Seneca...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 22:09:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-3-28 23:38
Ohh? just how the 'western media' reported how 3 Al Jazeera staff shoot by US soldiers, since 'western' media already reported it. So it's okay, because they already exercise their 'press freedom'? Another disgusting 'so what mentality'. You reaction will be different if the reporter bombed is a white Australian. ...

You're frothing at the mouth, and not making any sense with that statement.

Ohh? You condemn and preach about China's in every possible occassion, What will you do now? Condemn Bush? Naaahhh...
He's one of your kind anyway, you're just a deputy of him.

According to the report, Bush wanted to bomb Al Jazeera but Tony Blair convinced him not to do so.
Now I am not a fan of Bush, he's an idiot. I find it utterly incredible that he'd want to bomb an independent TV station. Many Al Jazeera staff are from the BBC's Arabic service anyway and I don't think Al Jazeera is the biased media outlet that some right wingers claim. There is no justification for attacking Al Jazeera and Bush was stupid (if not criminal) to want to do so. Fortunately commonsense from Tony Blair brought Bush to his senses.

Ohh? I don't talk specifically about media bias, I talk about intimidation toward non-western media. What will you do about it? It's already reported and you know it. Will you condemn and preach about human rights, freedom, bullsh*t etc etc to the bombers? Naahhh

OK, you're shifting the goal posts again. Look I don't agree with intimidation of any media, but I think media should be fair and reasonable and not a propaganda outlet for governments (sorry CD). If Al Jazeera is being "bullied" then that is wrong. It is also wrong to cut the throats of American finance journalists in Pakistan.

You are losing, emucc, with so much hypocrisy exposed, still you shamelessly condemn and preaching... but this is your habit, right?

Dear Northwest, you do so overestimate your own intellectual prowess don't you?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 22:29:08 |Display all floors

I Am From The West

And it is true. The west in many cases has been racist towards the Chinese. But everyone who is not "White" suffers from racism. There is no generalisation here. Not all "White" westerers are racist. But there is a large majority that is which causes problems. I believe it is down to the fact that now "white" people in the West have realised that they can not hold the power for much longer. Now less than 6% of the worlds population is "white" and the power is shifting towards Asia and Africa. I see this racism as a way of protecting themselves from the inevitable truth their reign of power is coming to an end.

If anyone is offended by this then i do apologise. I have no intention of offending anyone.

"People all over the world join hands"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.