Author: whiteeclipse

I like Chinese people the most out of all immigrants. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-4 19:10:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by renegadedog9 at 2007-4-4 09:41
Don't be a nobhead.

That's a physical impossibility for Jetsam to be anything other than a knobhead.

Of course he doesn't comply with his own demands of others - he is quite happy to live outside his "ethnic homeland".
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 19:23:47 |Display all floors
'These Chinese immigrants have no wish to help building the United States, a lot of them want to make money here and build China!!!'

I think you're wrong. Most of them settle down and live in America for the rest of their lives.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 06:38:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by irishinuk at 2007-4-4 19:23
'These Chinese immigrants have no wish to help building the United States, a lot of them want to make money here and build China!!!'

I think you're wrong. Most of them settle down and live in Am ...

I agree, they won't leave.  There are so many co-workers here from China constantly complaining about the United States and look back to China.  
"Oh I have this friend who is having such a better life than I do in China..."
"Jobs over there are so good..."
"I don't trust doctors here.  I like being treated with herbs.  If I ever get cancer I would definitely go back to China."
This is the deadliest one - "I want to go back!!!"
But no, they're not leaving.  I so wish they can stop whining, pack up, and leave.  Then everybody will be happy.

And I do agree that I'm wrong.  The fact that they're providing work is already building this country.  However, I do have a problem with how they treat their money.  (I know this is wrong, but whatever.)  They like to save up and not contributing to American businesses, and then send all the money back to China and build big houses for their relatives or make big tombs for ancestors.  Not only I, but the Chinese government also, believes that economy will grow when people spend money.  So these people are taking part in retarding my country's economy.  And I'm talking about at least HALF of their salaries going to China.  I know because some people wish to offer this information to me.  I mean, after all, it's big houses being built and it's something to be sofa king proud of, right?

I suppose this does not only apply to Chinese immigrants.  As a matter of fact, lots of immigrants are doing this.

[ Last edited by sudokulove at 2007-4-5 06:41 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 11:08:38 |Display all floors

Reply #38 sudokulove's post

Yeah rite!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-15 01:23:18 |Display all floors
It will be good if there are more intermarriages. Firstly, the children will be beautiful. Secondly, as someone in this forum said earlier "Very hard to be a true racist when your 1/4 Irish, 1/4 German, 1/2 Chinese."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-7 09:13:23 |Display all floors
I'm of the opinion that if an immigrant comes to a country and does not contribute to the well-being of that country, he/she should go back to their native country.  I don't think Chinese are necessarily "better" immigrants to the U.S.  Too many are unwilling to assimilate.  It's one thing to have some pride of where you or your ancestors came from, but then that should be all... if you're an American citizen you should identify yourself as an American.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-7 09:17:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lee0220 at 2007-7-15 01:23
It will be good if there are more intermarriages. Firstly, the children will be beautiful. Secondly, as someone in this forum said earlier "Very hard to be a true racist when your 1/4 Irish, 1 ...

That's all good until someone who's 1/4 English, 1/4 Turkish, and 1/2 Japanese comes strolling by... then it's a race war!
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.