Author: ~eden~

Dilemma ( to go abroad or stay to work?) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-2-25 20:59:55 |Display all floors

This is another reason you want to stay put, Lynn

You will always be able to go to that poor nation after a few years of work, and let your company pay for your education instead of using your own money.  Going there now is simply not cost-effective at this stage of your life.  

Like I said, for a first job without prior work experience, a Master's Degree is a total waste.

You are accustomed to the low crime rate here in China.  If you go to the U.K. at such a young age, you will experience a much higher crime rate and will really have to suffer more than you could ever imagine.  

Remember, the Brits sent all their criminals to Australia and North Carolina in the early Nineteenth Century.  

They can't do that any more, so the criminals are waiting there for the likes of you.  Just remember how those nineteen Fukienese died recently picking shells during high tide and you'd understand how unsafe the place really is.  They couldn't care less about you.

This pint-sized blue cat who made this comment above:

"Don't look around at what your friends are doing, and don't be concerned with the economy. Don't listen to those who chose to live sad, narrow lives of fear. Those who don't encourage you to go are those who hide and tremble in sad cowardice. They are very weak in thinking and spirit"

shows what kind of scumbag you'd be dealing with if you go to his favorite place.  They'll attack you unprovoked just like he's doing here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-25 22:29:24 |Display all floors

Harrison5 wrote an EVIL little text here:

<<< You are accustomed to the low crime rate here in China. If you go to the U.K. at such a young age, you will experience a much higher crime rate and will really have to suffer more than you could ever imagine.

Remember, the Brits sent all their criminals to Australia and North Carolina in the early Nineteenth Century.

They can't do that any more, so the criminals are waiting there for the likes of you. Just remember how those nineteen Fukienese died recently picking shells during high tide and you'd understand how unsafe the place really is. They couldn't care less about you. >>>

This does NOT reflect reality for students from China.

You can have the time of your life if you choose to go abroad to study...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-26 01:53:11 |Display all floors

Criminals to North Carolina?

Hi everyone, and a reply to "Harrison5":

In the original King's charter the Carolinas was one of the King's lands in the New World, it extended at one time from coast to coast, in the English King's mind, and encompassed almost everything South of what is now left: North Carolina State's northern border. If you are referring to the Oglethorpe colonies (sp?), etc., I believe they settled in what is now the State of Georgia! I think there is still an element of that criminal element lurking around, though, President Jimmy Carter, from Georgia didn't seem to get as much of it, as say, his brother.

Of course, once North Carolina became a State, there was no more of England dumping off on the new and soverign Nation, right?

I did a quick poll (for whatever it may be worth) from my workplace, for you: My female Chinese coworker of 12 years here in the South has never really experienced any problem, nor have any of the other two Chinese coworkers, who have been in the US 12 and 15 years each.

TPJ

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-26 09:37:12 |Display all floors

Don't go

My advice is don't go.

The  moon is certaintly not  rounder on the other side.

If you study in any of the Western countries, don't hope of getting back your 'investment' by working there. You are unlikely to get any satisfying job there (unless you think being waitress, cooks and cockle pickers are good jobs).  

You might as well use the money that you have by investing in stock market or properties.

Take my advide for you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-26 09:51:06 |Display all floors

advise

personally, I think that you should work first,now  that you stand a good chance and can find a good job. You also can learn a lot from the daily work. in a long-term run, you may be get opportunities for the futhuring education supported by your company.  It is easy to  make a balance. If you go to UK for postgraduate education,firstly you should spend a lot of money. Maybe it will be a good experience to you. But you also waste the privious time to adapt yourself to the Chia market and enviroment. I have friend studying in UK. They told me that It is not so good in UK to learn something even including Language. Because there are so many Chinese students in Uk. It is only my suggestion for your reference.
contact me.my E-mail address is kevinxu01@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-26 17:56:17 |Display all floors

gooooooon

my dear, please go abroad if you have enough money., you will obtain much more life experience.
I guess you belong "only one" generation, maybe you never leave your parents and your friend. It is very useful for you to be a independent, but i only remind you everything is more expensive than in china. more lonelinss!! In Europe, 200-400$/month/single room. it depend where will you live.
look, the seawater, you will know the flavor only after you taste!
anyhow, i support you to go abroad!!
good luck!!

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-26 20:02:24 |Display all floors

To go abroad or stay to work

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.