Author: shelleybelly

HOW to TREAT the PEOPLE from DIFFERENT countries [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-4 17:26:52 |Display all floors

very negative

Originally posted by projeka at 2007-2-4 12:27
HOW to TREAT the PEOPLE from DIFFERENT countries?

1. When you see them walk by, stare at them.
2. Point at them and laugh.
3. Yell, "Hello, Laowai!" in an annoying voice and giggle w ...

***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-4 17:32:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by voice_cd at 3-2-2007 02:46 AM
Understanding each other

1. take positive attitude to understand the other's background, their position or so
2. communicate in good manner: polite, speak slowly, etc
3. be know that there is no need to make all go the same way  

Excellent - now try to get that to happen on THIS BBS ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-4 17:49:18 |Display all floors

You forgot- pull their goldern locks

°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-4 21:57:20 |Display all floors

U got the real action in our life.
In my opinion, u can express friendly in ur eyes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 07:29:53 |Display all floors

a mixed pot of nationalities

Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2007-2-3 10:43
How to TREAT...
show your manners here..

I beg your pardon if I have misinterpreted your meaning of treat. Please allow me to say a few words.

I have worked for a few multinational companies, our typical workplace was a mixed pot of nationalities, my colleagues came from all over the world, apart from Caucasians (American, Canadian, British, and Europeans), they were from China, Taiwan, India, Philippine, Singapore, etc.  To have a good taste of the different culture and custom, you only needed to walk around our offices as if you were traveling around the world within eight minutes rather than in eighty days.

To work harmoniously and effectively at these big heterogeneous organizations, the companies usually give you the training and guideline of how to deal with people from different culture and religion and background, how to avoid misunderstanding, and how to communicate effectively. Rather than being trapped into a tedious long story, I would like to emphasis two things.

When listening, you should keep cool and don't overreact when someone from different culture argues with you and you feel that you get offended. Keep an keen eye and ear on how other people from different background talk and behave in general. From time to time, you may find out that when the same person offending you talks to others in the same manner, they don't get upset.

When talking, you should focus on the issues or problems rather than the other抯 personalities and background, avoiding using the bad and offensive words, especially, those touching the wrong side of other religions.

Not worth it! You get fired / let-go because of your unprofessional email or because of an argument being turned ugly into a personal attack.

In a word, you should respect and tolerate others from different culture and religion background, with this mindset, your manner and behavior will be more acceptable and respectable.

[ Last edited by changzhou007 at 2007-2-5 08:54 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 09:20:58 |Display all floors

for you professional words

Originally posted by changzhou007 at 2007-2-5 07:29

I beg your pardon if I have misinterpreted your meaning of treat. Please allow me to say a few words.

I have worked for a few multinational companies, our typical workplace was a mixed pot o ...

I NEED TO TREAT YOU DINNER

***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 10:59:49 |Display all floors
just friendly and with an honest heart

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.