Author: middlekingdo

A terrorist or a freedom fighter? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-10 05:52:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-2-10 05:54
The mother of all spins here. To fight for your own land and people and evict the oppressors is always a noble act. This is where you should be looking at when you define " target ". When your tribe came to my place uninvited and killed my people, I am the victim and you are the big bad wolf. I am responsible to beat the wolf off with whatever I have available : sticks and stones, pitchforks or spades. I am even permitted to scratch and bite if I get close enough to you....

Mengzhi,

I am pleased to read that you've changed your mind and now appear to support the Tibetan people and the Dalai Lama.

Cheers
JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 06:40:03 |Display all floors

And the tumbleweeds roll by

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 09:15:48 |Display all floors

Impregnable hide.

Dear emu,

I am reading that Australian tertiary education institutions are losing their reputations hand over fist, even among their own students. Science and mathematic courses have no takers becuase the future is worse than being unemployed. So the entry marks for these streams are even lower than the accounting and paper pushing degrees. That perhaps can explain the unpermeable and unpenetrable resistence of some of the Aussie graduates, even in amongst the arts grads. It is boringly laborious to try and spoon feed over and over the same morsel of information to the unteachables. There is this chewing and munching, pushing round and round the oral cavity, no swallowing and certainly no understanding or digestion. Regurgitation if swallowed, repeating ad nauseum and keep parroting the myths and Hollywood version of the " history " of mankind.

I am a most patient and tolerant man emu ( just ask my friends ) but I am no Job. If you cannot see that Tibet has been part of China for 700 years and will stay, then I am not the one who can help you.  I can tell you this, and it is a PROMISE. China will " return " Tibet to the Tibetans the day following Australia's returning the continent to the Aborigines. A deal ? Shake on it mate. Don't be too worried if you can't understand what I am trying to  say because it does not matter. I see smoke coming out of your ears when you try to think. A dangerous hobby for you . Just buzz off .   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 16:13:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-2-10 11:15
I am reading that Australian tertiary education institutions are losing their reputations hand over fist, even among their own students. Science and mathematic courses have no takers becuase the future is worse than being unemployed.......

And Mengzhi whizzes us off to a parallel dimension to distract from the topic at hand. A common tactic for the common troll.

I am a most patient and tolerant man emu ( just ask my friends ) but I am no Job. If you cannot see that Tibet has been part of China for 700 years and will stay, then I am not the one who can help you..

Oh, so if the oppressors are Chinese, then they're not oppressors, and if they're white Europeans, then they are evil colonisers and oppressors.

I can tell you this, and it is a PROMISE. China will " return " Tibet to the Tibetans the day following Australia's returning the continent to the Aborigines.

A noble stand, Mengzhi and I trust you act according to your principles. So when's your flight out of Australia?

JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 18:13:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-2-10 16:13
A noble stand, Mengzhi and I trust you act according to your principles. So when's your flight out of Australia?...

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Asian_Economy/HK18Dk01.html

Asia's ugly duckling: Australia

Basically, the best solution for Australians is to sell their land to Asians and move back to Europe.

After... you move back to Europe?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 18:48:07 |Display all floors

terror tactics in war

Terrorism has been around a long time. Ancient Romans killed all the civilians in towns they conquered during the Punic war. They killed the children too. In those days, they behead the leaders of the opposition and stick the heads on spears for display in Rome.

In the WW2, the Nazi started terror bombing by attacking civilian targets in Longon, and later with V1 and V2 rockets. This brought swift reprisals and one of the worse was the RAF terror bombing of the city of Dresden in 1945. It was clogged with refugees and had no significant military value. Many historians called the RAF fire bombing of Dresden a "war crime".

We all know about Vietnam.

We also know what happened at Abu Graib.

In Irak, you have your usual sectarian violence as well as fire fights between "insurgents" and American and British troops.

To answer the question whether the "insurgents" are terrorists, simply ask yourselve what you would do if these foreign troops invade China and start, again, slaughtering Chinese because the Chinese won't do what they want you to do.

They would say you are terrorists because you won't obey them and do as told. Worse, you resist with armed forces. Therefore you are terrorists.

You on the other hand will pobably fight to survive and hopefully inflict as much damage on the invaders as possible so that they leave you alone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-11 16:18:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-2-10 20:13
After... you move back to Europe?

Sorry, but Mengzhi is the one who has suggested that continental Australia be handed back to the Aborigines. To remain true to his high moral position, I find it strange that Mengzhi can, in all good conscience, remain on this Aboriginal soil.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.