Views: 44616|Replies: 127

A terrorist or a freedom fighter? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-1 10:25:00 |Display all floors
Can I get a reasonable debate on whether the people fighting against the US in Iraq and around the world are freedom fighters or terrorists?
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-1 20:16:49 |Display all floors

definetly is freedom fighters.

LovePeace

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-1 22:11:00 |Display all floors

Reply #1 --- middlekingdo's post...

A case could be made for calling the violence in Iraq the work of 'freedom fighters' if the targets were only foreign troops and military installations.

Unfortunately, a majority of targets are Sunni or Shiite civilians by each of these sides.  There are a large number of Muslims from surrounding Middle East nations, particularly Iran, that have traveled to Iraq to cause instability.  A favorite target is Iraqi police and military recruiting stations, as well as oil pipelines and public works (water, power plants, etc.).

The overwhelming evidence is that violence is being aimed at keeping the fledging Iraqi government in turmoil to prevent the people from setting up their own government.  They are terrorists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 02:43:52 |Display all floors

Not True: Nosferatu Lying

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 02:45:52 |Display all floors

Or put another way

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-2 13:27:42 |Display all floors
Any time civilians become an intentional target of aggression is an act of terrorism, not freedom fighting.  That's the difference.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-3 01:50:59 |Display all floors

Reply #4 --- jetsam's post...

Because you are calling me a liar, and relating "second-hand" information, please provide the (credible) sources for your information and a link to any web-site where you are obtaining it.

If you cannot back up these 'false' claims, then the rest of the forum readers will have adequate evidence  to determine which of us is lying.

Also, what is your definition of a legal war?  Please provide a few examples.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.