Author: woodenbird

Foreign Teachers in China---Pro and Con [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-25 09:25:39 |Display all floors
Yeah I really want to read that book.  I have been recommended it by quite a few people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-25 09:27:38 |Display all floors
Agreed about the passion and the job that FTs are expected to do.  It makes no sense when you get, as I had in Wuhan, a fully qualified Primary School teacher and a guy who hadn't even been to Uni yet working on the same salary and doing the same job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-25 14:13:02 |Display all floors
What I am worrying about are those high level English students. They are neglected and fooled by our English education system. Primary English learners shouldn't waste native PhD's wisdom, the same is true that unqualified native teachers shouldn't waste our high level English students's wisdom
Save the girl, Save the future.---Heroes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-25 15:08:09 |Display all floors
Also someone young would probably be better for teaching Primary aged kids anyway, so long as they were literate and able to spell properly etc (I am quite shocked by what I read on the previous page about some FTs not being able even to spell)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-25 20:04:22 |Display all floors

because

because there are so much vacancy in china's market, we have the largest population in this world.
while chinese hardly find a language teaching job in abroad even he or she have gotten the qualification.
and although he or she get this position, they will be paid much less than  the local citizens.
my GF is teaching chinese in KOREA, but she earns less than the freshman who just graduated, even less than the man who sales fruits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-26 09:47:37 |Display all floors
Is there a decent reason for that or simply discrimnation?

It seems to me that at present, English worth much more than Chinese.
Save the girl, Save the future.---Heroes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-26 10:44:50 |Display all floors
Well the UK government is trying to introduce Mandarin teaching in schools, so maybe there will be scope for jobs for Chinese people in the future paying the same as locals (such dual paying schemes would be illegal in the UK, as would the racist 'higher prices for foreigners' that China used to have)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.