Author: alicehanyu

Recent Chinese Movies----Which one do you like? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-9 03:38:50 |Display all floors

Did anybody like "Unknown Pleasures"

Last week I rented "Unknown Pleasures" from the foreign movie section of our local Blockbuster.

I thought I would watch it with Mrs. Rong. She usually bitches about Chinese movies being boring, but she usually sits through them with me and gives me commentary on things that reminded her of her life in China.

This time was no exception. To my western mind, I thought it was a boring movie about a couple of losers who did nothing much but light cigarettes and ride around on a scooter. Mrs. Rong said as much herself. I pretended to be interested in the movie and said facetiously that she didn't understand the modern Chinese cinema.

The movie eventually ended. I then agreed with Mrs. Rong that it was a boring movie. She blamed it on the Japanese director.  I don't know, but it will probably be months and months before we rent another Chinese movie.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-10 18:09:23 |Display all floors
Confession of Pain  is a good choice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 17:15:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kimsix at 2007-6-28 14:38
Who like Crazy Stone , pls download this movie,《两杆老烟枪》Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
Crazy Stone seems like the following one.
And I  think our Chinese directors are trying to learn s ...

I disesteem Zhang Ji zhong badly.......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-23 09:00:50 |Display all floors
red chill

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-3 10:53:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by randys at 2008-7-23 09:00
red chill

Red Cliff
It disappoint me, but I still recommend it to you.
It's not a good Three Kingdom movie for Chinese, but fairly good for foreigners to understand.

I have seen it. Technologically it's as good as the Lord of Rings. But it changes too many original elements in books.

If you know little about Chinese culture and Three Kingdoms, the moive is too perfect to disappoint you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-3 13:52:20 |Display all floors
only the <crazy stone>,the others are so no-good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-4 11:11:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by neohoo at 2008-9-3 13:52
only the <crazy stone>,the others are so no-good.

If that is recent, I would like to recommend 'Assembly'. It's a real men's movie.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.