i like 4 and 6!!
www.foreignercn.com
Foreigners in China
http://www.foreignercn.com         

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-13 11:40:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-1-12 21:06
Hey, great thread -
I've never been to a movie theater in china yet, and I want to take my son. My chinese is still baby-chinese, so can someone do any little reviews of movies that are very new  ...

Just remember, never watch any so-called block buster especially by Zhang yi mou...whenever you see this name, just...back off, and watch out your purse! they might reach out a hand from the poster and rob it!
Well, seriously there's one good point though, you don't need to know any Chinese to his films these years
If you're curious about his movies...better go to dvd renting or something...

I think Crazy Stone seem to meets you needs, it's hilarious...but I'm afraid there's too many Chinese elements in it...a bit difficult to understand...it's too Chinese...only with a few chinese culture background, some black humour, some sarcastic part could be understood
but I don't know if they offer a english title, usually those boring busters have the priority of everything and they suck a lot

Yes, in the cinema they sell all sorts of snacks just like(or just follow) US, like popcorns and such, and similarly expensive, you could buy snacks from somewhere else...at least I did that and they don't care...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-13 15:44:10 |Display all floors
2 and the last one. THX

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-25 11:00:32 |Display all floors
i like a battle of wits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-25 16:32:50 |Display all floors

hi

what's the merit of the film titled a battle of wits?
i understand those actors or actress intend to express sth according to the drama, but their performances are against their wishes. their smiles are basically rigid and their language sounds so strange and unnatural. the scenes are too artificial and fail to bring us to the remote age in chaos. all in all, the emotion the film brings to us is quite modern.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-28 14:38:15 |Display all floors
Who like Crazy Stone , pls download this movie,《两杆老烟枪》Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
Crazy Stone seems like the following one.
And I  think our Chinese directors are trying to learn somethings from international ones. though not good enough, but let 's keep the expect.
I hate Zhang Jizhong. desperately

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-9 02:43:40 |Display all floors

crazy stone ,hehe

if CRAZY STONE can have as much money as YE YAN to beautify its movie ,it 'll be better .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.