Author: bennie

money important than love [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-8 22:47:19 |Display all floors
I don't think so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 22:51:34 |Display all floors
Yes. Money is more important than love, especailly for poor families. This experience is truth for myselfe. One girl told me that she loved me very closely but can't be married to me for no much money to me. What 's a pity! Finally she left from me and live in new type life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 23:39:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by braver_1982 at 2007-1-8 22:51
Yes. Money is more important than love, especailly for poor families. This experience is truth for myselfe. One girl told me that she loved me very closely but can't be married to me for no much mo ...

That's sad. But there are some people out there who don't care so much about money. I think if someone is REALLY in love, they might at  least consider the issue, and maybe help find a way to make more money together.

Here's a hug to hold you over until you find someone!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 04:32:51 |Display all floors
Hellen1815, you described the difficult love/money choice well.  Your toothbrush avatar cracks me up.

Freaky, unfortunately, the situation described by braver_1982 is all too true.  Really poor people have more immediate needs that can only be met by more money.  Once their basic maintenance needs are met they can be more concerned with giving and getting happines through love.  It reminds me of Maslow's old idea of the "hierarchy of needs".
A cynic is a dissapointed idealist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 10:26:48 |Display all floors
Fine, I'll admit that Maslow guy was probably right, ok? Food may be more important than love. You all happy now? But.... what about when both people are poor anyway? I'm sure there's true love out there between poor people! Are we only talking about crossing socio-economic stratas? I can see a middle class or rich girl saying no to a poor guy before a poor girl saying no. Sorry, but there aren't enough rich people aorund to marry all the poor people up if they WANTED to, which is a big problem (the 'wanting to' part).

So, girls, if you're not making your own money or getting it from daddy, don't complain that the guy you could be in love with isn't either.

To be honest, although I did not grow up starving, I did spend a good deal of time poor by choice because I was in love and stayed with the guy even though we didn't have ANYTHING. I'm not saying that to be all big, but it is possible. Love can be very strong and make you not care about other things, or at least make you willing to find food and shelter together. You have to not be afraid. Two heads are better than one. Would you rather be sitting out in the rain hungry alone, or with someone you love?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-10 11:59:21 |Display all floors
it is really very hard to distinguish which is more important. It depends on concrete status you are.  But i think for most of the people, the mutual love of the couple can encourage them to make more money and have a better life, true love can make miracle. but the money can not buy the true love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-10 16:19:48 |Display all floors

you need more braver

Originally posted by braver_1982 at 2007-1-8 22:51
Yes. Money is more important than love, especailly for poor families. This experience is truth for myselfe. One girl told me that she loved me very closely but can't be married to me for no much mo ...

hehe...Braver...

you need more braver...it's so sad and pity for your story...

in our imagination, or the girl is not real love with you, or the girls type is not you admire...

if she is real love with you, you can tell her, I am braver, and I can creat all you expectation...

if she is the type you admire, then you can not suprised for she choose to leave you...and she know you are poor not now, but before...

....anyway, you are young, after 80-era, many chance and girl wait for you if you are real braver...

if you watched the film "braver heart"...

at last, in my opinion, money can buy anything but can not buy true love...

I can do, you can do, all of us can do....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.